Lips Animation

Hey Forum, I'm searching for "mouth or lips animations for SP Mode. I saw the "Character lip movements" Video, but the taunts are to fast and short for a own Video and some Character have different and strange movements, even If I use the Noclip cheat. So, what can I do for this ? :)

Okay, after some German PMs I understand the question.

The goal is creating movies in multiplayer, the problem is getting lip-synced voices. It's possible by changing taunt sounds, but that leaves you with unwanted taunt animations.

Sadly, I can't think of anything short of coding something yourself... Though it does sound like a feature that could fit into jaMME, maybe ask for it to be added there? Anybody know who was behind that again so we can ping him?

Maybe I'm missing something though... Are there some chatwheel-like soundbites for siege or something?

ScaryNight likes this

I'm watching in the animations.cfg and yes it is complicated, b'cause I'm not a Scripter and I don't know what I should do. :)

I found this: FACE_SMILE              
FACE_TALK0              
FACE_TALK1              
FACE_TALK2              
FACE_TALK3              
FACE_TALK4  
BOTH_TALK1

But how script this ? :)

It depends on what you want to do. If it's singleplayer you can simply script a certain character to freeze the animation and play a certain sound. But Mrwonko said it's for multiplayer, so scripting is not an option. In this case, granted that you coordinate with your friends to record and play the same taunt sounds, you can change the saber taunt animations in the "animations.cfg" as follow:

BOTH_DUAL_TAUNT        14651    1    -1    20
BOTH_ENGAGETAUNT    14651    1    -1    20
BOTH_STAFF_TAUNT    14651    1    -1    20

That way (theoretically) when you press the taunt key and your character plays the chosen sound, you'll stand still instead of waving your hands along. And given the nature of the "animations.cfg" the same effect will affect every player on the server that you see; what they will see is their characters playing the normal animations if they don't have this mod.

I would advise against overwriting the original assets, so I suggest you to copy the "models/players/_humanoid" folder, change the values and make a .pk3 file with it.

ScaryNight likes this

For NPCs it can be done via scripting, at least in Singleplayer. As long as the specific NPC has a "npc_targetname" key value you can set up a script with BehavEd that affects that specific NPC and tells it to play "xxx.wav" sound with CHAN_VOICE as audio channel. I'm not sure if this works in Multiplayer as well. I believe that NPCs in MP can be limitedly scripted, provided that you have triggers to activate the scripts; in SP, if you have the NPCs set up with their npc_targetname you can simply type "/runscript <scriptname>". I don't know if the "/runscript" command also works in MP.

ScaryNight likes this