[help] Changing weapon/force/inventory icon position on HUD in JKA

Go to solution Solved by ensiform,

Heyo all...

Basically, I have two questions, but the first one is top priority:

1.) I'm working on my new HUD still, The "Droid HUD" and I've been trying to find a way to change position of the weapon/force/inventory icons in it.
Basically what I need is have the menu of these positioned higher on the HUD so they can be seen when I scroll through them in-game. But I find

nowhere in the "hud.menu" file where I can change the X and Y offset. Where do I do it? And it won't affect the positioning of these icons in the single player

datapad viewing I hope?

2.) it would be of great benefit if I could also add so that all force-powers I am currently activating, are seen as icons, until duration of force effect. For example;

I am using drain, or grip. By default, no drain icon appears while it's in effect - unlike Protection, Absorb, Seeing, Speed, Dark Rage... you know the drill. What I do want

is that icons are shown for ALL force powers that ARE currently in effect. If I use grip, the grip icon will appear. If I use Lightning, lightning icon will appear. Push, pull the same.

Saber throw, too.How could I make something like this? I'm no pro coder though, so please be patient with me. :D

MANY thanks in advance!
Have a nice Sunday!

Asgarath83 likes this

I not know how is possible to help you, but the only way i think can work is a LONG and HARD edit of the HUD code into the SP game code. O.o

I've checked it bro. And I've checked some other .menu files as well, but couldn't get it working. :/ But then again, I am no pro coder. So...

I've checked it bro. And I've checked some other .menu files as well, but couldn't get it working. :/ But then again, I am no pro coder. So...

i cannot help for the showing of using power, but maybe i have a theory about weapon list showing.

verify enumarion of weapons and force power into the code, must be on weapons.h or q_shared.h, if i remember exactly.

maybe menu follow the enumeration order of weapons and force power for showing.

but if is that, is not sufficient changing the order of the weapons in that list, you can have many build error about that, because a large ampunt of definittion, declaration and parameter on the code depend exaclty of enum value of each weapon and force power.

so for make something like that need a massive code editing of every enumered voice of every weapon and FP. O.o

IMHO. i am not sure, but maybe the problem is that.

for showing an icon when using  aweapon or a force power, you need to check the HUB code about displaying icon of selected power and copy that in the code of wp_saber.cpp and cg_players.cpp about every "forcepoweractive" command and add a istruction into the declaration that tell "showi this icon "gfx/mp/etc etc path of the icon"

IMHO.

Angel Soul likes this