Installing JA++?

Angel Soul

So I've followed the instructions on the place:
http://japp.jkhub.org/download.html

I tried downloading the server side, and when I played... JKA was absolutely normal. No feats, nothing.
I deleted them, then downloaded the client side... and I get an error saying:

"Requested feature was omitted at compile time".

I don't have nor did I have ordinary JA+. I am playing on a Vista computer. Can anyone help please? Thank you. :)

In the server console, what is the value of japp_version?

WRT "Requested feature was omitted at compile time" that's because a mod you're using has a .jpg texture saved as "progressive"

I'll check it out right now.

And about the "progressive" part.... I can play with all other mods no problem? Even standard MP.

Then I can only assume you didn't follow the steps. They work.

Are there any issues in the console regarding VM_Create: failed?

How are you launching the server? i.e. show command-line arguments

Also, try using OpenJK.

Well... this is how I did:

1.) Created a new folder called "japlus" in "GameData" folder

2.) Downloaded the Server side "sh_lua.pk3", "sv_bins_win32.pk3", "sh_animations.pk3" - and put them in the "japlus" folder.

3.) Loaded up JAMP and went to loading mods... then "japlus". (ALso tried making a .BAT file where it says:

cd ..

jamp +set fs_game japlus

Didn't work for me. :/

EDIT:

Also, just entered the OJPEnhanced... and tried loading mod from there. Same thing. Nothing happens. It just reverts to standard JAMP.

OpenJK is not OJP.

Try using jampDed.exe, with a .bat in GameData that reads: jampDed.exe +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game "japlus" +map mp/ffa1

Are there any issues in the console regarding VM_Create: failed or anything mentioning jampgamex86.dll?

OpenJK is not OJP.

Try using jampDed.exe, with a .bat in GameData that reads: jampDed.exe +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game "japlus" +map mp/ffa1

Are there any issues in the console regarding VM_Create: failed or anything mentioning jampgamex86.dll?

Ohhh... allright. I went to the page, and couldn't find the download file for OpenJK, the zip file. Then I clicked on the builds (which is, I assume, where the download could be found)... and it redirected me to http://builds.openjk.org/

But the page won't show. I get a connection error for that page.

Ohhh... allright. I went to the page, and couldn't find the download file for OpenJK, the zip file. Then I clicked on the builds (which is, I assume, where the download could be found)... and it redirected me to http://builds.openjk.org/

But the page won't show. I get a connection error for that page.

That's because the builds page was down due to the shellshock bash bug needing to be fixed.  It was brought back online this morning.  Try now :P

Angel Soul likes this

OpenJK is not OJP.

Allright. So I finally downloaded OpenJK. I don't have jampDed.exe file... but I do have openjkded.x86.exe file. And I tried using that instead.

I haven't found any errors regarding VM_Create or jampgamex86.dll there.

However, when I made a .BAT file with these command lines:

openjk.x86.exe +set fs_game "japlus"

And started the game. I found two VM_Create errors. It failed loading uix86.dll and cgamex86.dll, and loaded Legacy ones.

Allright. So I finally downloaded OpenJK. I don't have jampDed.exe file... but I do have openjkded.x86.exe file. And I tried using that instead.

I haven't found any errors regarding VM_Create or jampgamex86.dll there.

However, when I made a .BAT file with these command lines:

And started the game. I found two VM_Create errors. It failed loading uix86.dll and cgamex86.dll, and loaded Legacy ones.

openjk.x86.exe will not run a dedicated server, you must use openjkded.x86.exe

cgame and ui implies that client is running.

Raz0r likes this

I just updated the Windows server build. Try redownloading and let me know how it goes.

Allright- I tried now using dedicated server with:

cd ..

openjkded.x86.exe +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game "japlus" +map mp/ffa1

And it worked. There were no errors from what I could see. It loaded up JA++ just fine.

Then I tried using standard MP with the client side of JA++ with:

cd ..

Then it didn't work. I got these errors:

--- ambient sound initialization ---

Sound memory manager started

VM_Create: uix86.dll failed!

VM_CreateLegacy: uix86.dll succeeded

ERROR: ui/jamp/saber.menu, line 1114: unknown menu item keyword model_angle2

ERROR: ui/jamp/saber.menu, line 1114: unknown menu item keyword 90

ERROR: ui/jamp/saber.menu, line 1131: unknown menu item keyword model_angle2

ERROR: ui/jamp/saber.menu, line 1131: unknown menu item keyword 90

But I suppose it may be because you updated the Server build. :) Still, maybe this may be helpful to you.

I also updated the client-side build. Make sure you delete residual DLLs in e.g. Documents\My Games\OpenJK\japlus\*x86.dll

This, so much this. If more people were made aware of this, it would probably fix 90% of the issues that people have running OpenJK.

I also updated the client-side build. Make sure you delete residual DLLs in e.g. Documents\My Games\OpenJK\japlus\*x86.dll

Yep. I did all that, and I still get error. :( I wish I could copy and paste all that the console says as it doesn't recognize lots of lines of code.

It tries loading VM_Create: uix86.dll and cgamex86.dll and fails. And then uses legacy.

While, it couldn't load those files I tried playing. And I could go into the game. But when I clicked to select saber the game froze up, mini-crashed,

and get this error message:

ERROR:

UI_UpdateSaberHilt:

Could not find item (saber)

in menu (ingame_saber)

The player model selection screen showed a huge array of available player models too. I have tons, and couldn't select them all. But now I could.

I don't think that's a bug. But still, the more said the better info you get of what may have been wrong. :)

You can copy and paste all the lines of the console.

Use the condump cmd.

Emm... I did a re-check... showed up I didn't delete those *x86.dll files afterall hahah :D I did it now. :) And now it works!!

Thank you @@ensiform and @@Raz0r for helping me with this. :) Wow... this is one heck of a mod! It's absolutely brilliant!

Unbelievable, so much configuration you can do. Far more superior to ja+ that's for sure! Thanks again folks. :) I appriciate it.

EDIT: There is one bug however that I've come accross. When choosing between bots to play - the name of the bots is mixed together with

the term "HUMAN". This goes for the slot nr 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13. Plus, I get an extra slot which I didn't choose. I chose 14 players max, I get 15. :D

Sometimes, when I pick what bot I want for nr 6... it also changed nr 11. The game then crashed. But now it stopped - for whatever reason.

Also... the radar arrows as well as the awards graphics show gray boxes as seen here:

VPzJH6.jpg

EDIT 2: Got another bug... I was checking through the setup options in-game (where you can change saber glow etc) ... and got ERROR: client crash.