Promode not working properly.

Rayce
Go to solution Solved by Rayce,

I like to play the mod promode for base-jka-style combat without sabers. But for some strange reason, it stopped removing the saber. I did not modify it at all except for adding some maps (a JK2 mappack and two of SJC's maps) to it directly (not base). I do have other mods insalled, namely JA+, Forcemod III and MBII (along with files from Lugormod and OpenJK from online matches).  I don't know if those interfered or anything. Has anyone else had this problem or something similar?

There SHOULDN'T be any other code mods as I have it in it's own mod folder, and I didn't add anything like that in base. Maybe it's in one of the map pk3s. Basically, it just loads the saber as it would in base. And added seta g_allowthesaber "0" to promode.cfg, and haven't had this issue until now.  Very peculiar indeed...

Is promode running? If yes, it must be the g_allowthesaber command. You can easily check that by trying some of the cmds, also there should be a message if promode is running. If not, it must be a conflicting dll in some of your pk3s.

I have really no clue... I assume that the mod is not running (you didn't really answer that yet though) so it must be something with the dlls... Is the pk3 in your base folder? Did you try and delete the dlls in the base folder?

If the mod is actually running... are g_allowweapons and g_instagibmode set to 0?

• Solution

Promode is in it's own folder. Would uninstalling and reinstalling delete the dlls in base?

EDIT: VICTORY IS MINE!  :D One of my earlier theories was correct that, due to having joined JA+ games though base (I was lazy), my settings got screwed up. But it seemed I did not wipe the game's memory well enough when I was first testing it. So, it WAS a dll issue, but I didn't delete all the dlls. So it works now. Thanks for the help.

afi likes this