Holy browser infection Batman!

I'm extremely unsure what caused this. I haven't downloaded anything shoddy. But all content in my Chrome browser is now infected with an army of ads, most links are replaced with links to some site that asks you questions or trick you into a trap ("Ads by TOpdeal"). At first I thought it came from some links I clicked in a PM IrocJeff sent me about md3 models, but after that it seemed more like they were already on my PC rather than coming from him.

Anyway, I followed a guide to get rid of it, and didn't find all I need. It mutates into a lot of deep folder structures and was supposed to be in the registry even, but didn't find it there. Should I try to do a system recovery or how far should I go? Apparently it likes to steal passwords and credit cards, I've read.

I didn't technically have a thirdparty antivirus when I caught the flu. Uninstalled avast some time ago after getting really annoyed at it consistently blocking an important dll file during installing Maya. But have installed it again now, done a long booted scan and also used the Malwarebytes link and got rid of something at least, thanks Circa! So it *feels* like it's gone at least. :)

Circa likes this

I didn't technically have a thirdparty antivirus when I caught the flu. Uninstalled avast some time ago after getting really annoyed at it consistently blocking an important dll file during installing Maya. But have installed it again now, done a long booted scan and also used the Malwarebytes link and got rid of something at least, thanks Circa! So it *feels* like it's gone at least. :)

Sure, blame me. I see how it is.  :P

Boothand likes this

Sometimes shareware packages come with annoying bundled packages such as Conduit, which while excessively annoying, are not actually malware or harmful.  These usually have to be removed by hand via editing browser config files and registry values.

JKG Developer