Cut Dialogue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I gave JA's dialogue a once-over, and found some unused files in my junk. Most of the gaps in the file listing are unfortunately there in the original assets, but I have encountered some small tidbits which may be fixable:

• t1_danger: There's alternate dialogue for a few objectives. I believe the male character and female character say different things ingame, but both lines are recorded for both sexes.
  • t1_danger: Throwing a thermal detonator is meant to trigger a humorous bit of dialogue: "Here, fetch!"
  • t1_danger: Killing a sandworm is meant to trigger a bit of dialogue. In fact, the script is even rigged to do this, but the sound effect simply does not exist. Very easy fix, drag and drop.
  • t1_danger: Various bits of dialogue like "Whew!" or "That was close!". Also some dialogue with frustration over sandworms "C'mon...go away..."
  • t1_danger: Various bits of dialogue which are locational, like "I can't go that way." "I better not touch the ground."
  • t1_sour: "Locked. Maybe one of those guys has a keycard?" To my knowledge, there isn't any locked door in that mission at all.
  • t1_fatal: There's evidence via dialogue that there were actually six bombs in t1_fatal at one point. Maybe there is six bombs? Either way, the line "One down...five more to go" isn't used.
  • hoth2: Unused dialogue for jumping on a tauntaun: "Gotcha!"
  • hoth2: Unused dialogue for exiting a tauntaun: "Thanks for the ride!"
  • hoth2: Three unused lines of idle dialogue, most likely an associated animation which doesn't exist: "So...cold..." "I'm freezing..." "Got..to get..."
  • hoth3: Unused locational dialogue ("I wonder if there's anything useful in here...?")
  • t2_rancor: Unused locational dialogue ("What's this all about?")
  • t2_wedge: Unused dialogue when getting hit with one of Wedge's attacks: "Watch your fire, General!"
  • t2_wedge: Possibly some evidence that you could control some of Wedge's attacks, as this line suggests: "I need some cover fire!"
  • t2_trip: 10 lines of dialogue not included in the original game!
  • t2_trip: Dialogue for killing a group: "That was close!" "Woohoo!"
  • t2_trip: Dialogue for almost falling off the swoop: "Whoa!" "Better be careful!"
  • t2_trip: Three lines of dialogue which I'm not sure what they're used for: "These guys just don't give up!" "Hey....<suspicious>" "Looks like someone doesn't want me here."
  • t2_trip: Line of dialogue when guy gets sniped: "Snipers! I hate snipers!". I think it's possible that snipers were intended to be in the game for this level, as it seems odd that someone just randomly dies by one.
  • t2_trip: Locational dialogue "That's a long way down..." "Dead end."
  • vjun2: Two lines, not sure what they're used for. "Are you okay?" (as Jaden): "C'mon Jaden..."
  • vjun3: Locational dialogue: "This place is strong with the dark side."
  • t3_hevil: Seems like an extra objective was removed from this mission. "Maybe I should turn it off so the explosion doesn't level the entire tower." "Okay, power's down."
  • t3_hevil: There's also dialogue that suggests that you actually have to find the explosives to place them, and not just randomly place bombs out of thin air: "Maybe I can use these old Det Packs"
  • t3_hevil: Situational dialogue: "Maybe I can cut these pipes..."
  • t3_rift: Various bits of situational/locational dialogue: "I think I can make that..." "How do I get out of here?" "How am I going to get up there?" "That could be of use."
  • t3_bounty: Three bits of dialogue related to Boba Fett: "Nothing can go wrong...<sarcastic>" "Just my luck...Boba Fett." "How many gadgets does he have in that suit?!"
  • t3_stamp: Dialogue when a switch is flipped to slow down the rancor: "Maybe those fuel tanks will slow it down.."
  • t3_stamp: There's dialogue that suggests that the mutant rancor can be killed another way: "That works, too."
  • taspir1: Various bits of situational dialogue: "Better be careful..." "Don't think I'll go for a swim..." "They disabled the controls! There must be another way to retract the bridge..." "Manual releases...not convenient, but clever."
  • kor1: There's four lines of situational dialogue, all of which are meant to vary in tone (they're labelled as v1/v2, so actually 8 files total) based on whether the player has chosen the dark side or light side. "This place is crawling with Sith wannabes..." "How do I get out of this room?" [NOTE] "How do I get up there?" "If I'm not careful, I'll end up buried here too.". [NOTE]: this line exists in the retail game, but there's an alternate dark side version which didn't make it
  • Dark Side Ending: "*cackle*"

All in all, this is very revealing stuff.

Bek, Circa and LucyTheAlien like this
  • 10 months later...

I do know that Kothos twins have VERY cool unused lines, these should be implemented for sure. I have no idea why they were cut.

If this kind of stuff could be implemented it would go a long way to improving the game in the correct way IMO.

https://jkhub.org/topic/7172-imperial-remnant-turns-to-increasingly-desperate-measures/

Maybe consider this while you're at it? Shameless self promotion I know. 

The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification- perhaps JKE could become that for Jedi Knight Academy and some minor restorations to JK2- no?

Although it is a different situation, Kotor2 is a masterpiece -JKA is most definitely not. 

Yes, something like that. In the case of KOTOR2 though, a large swathe of content was missing, in the case of JKA, it was very rushed. I think there's a few very visibly broken things in JKA. The focus on JK:Enhanced is to improve the gameplay in a minor way, and to the best of the original developers' intentions. The JK2 portion will see very few changes (the most major being perhaps improved sabering, restored dialogue, and a new level), while the JKA portion will be more towards building a living, breathing Academy.

LucyTheAlien and hleV like this

Yes, something like that. In the case of KOTOR2 though, a large swathe of content was missing, in the case of JKA, it was very rushed. I think there's a few very visibly broken things in JKA. The focus on JK:Enhanced is to improve the gameplay in a minor way, and to the best of the original developers' intentions. The JK2 portion will see very few changes (the most major being perhaps improved sabering, restored dialogue, and a new level), while the JKA portion will be more towards building a living, breathing Academy.

Sounds excellent, I'll be here for the ride- it's rather late here now though, so goodnight. (: