Weighing models in Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 (XSI)

I have Eclypses Weighting tutorial, and the Vincent skeleton. Problem is, this tutorial was written for XSI 4.2. It's old. I now have XSI 7.5, and it doesn't support exporting to .xsi. I know I'm not being very descriptive, because this issue has made my brain go dead.

So basically: Does anyone know how to weigh models in Mod Tool 7.5? Do you have the right skeleton to weigh it to? Do you have a tutorial? How can I weigh without buying 3D Studio Max? HELP!

buying 3ds max wont help the newer versions dont support the required plug-ins anymore, I luckily found a trial of max 5 which is running pretty good on my XP VM

and I simply delete my vm and set it back up everytime the 30 days are over :D

that's the way I do it

if you want to use 3ds max for modeling though you can get it here (legal and for free) http://students.autodesk.com/

• 1 month later...

I just updated, big F up on my part, I was used to using 6 and thought that 7.5 worked cause it does have the exporter BUT the UV info is lost, Autodesk seems to have capped it since they bought the Softmage line. I uploaded the version 6 as I just tested it with the Geth player model and it compiled perfectly. I could also upload the file here if the staff thinks hosting it here is a good idea, right now I just uploaded it to my GF account. It's definitely not illegal considering it's hosted in many places (7.5 mainly, the download I found for this installer took forever).

If you know anyone using this, spread the word that 6 is the one you want. Even though I have a student license for Softimage 2013 I'll use Mod Tool 6 for the video tutorial I'm making.