Can't stop Steam from auto-updating games?

Go to solution Solved by Futuza,

Ever since the recent Steam update I notice that I can't stop updates for my games anymore.

The issue is that I was playing KOTOR 1 offline since my home net has been down, applied two old mods I'd downloaded from Filefront quite a while back. When I got a wireless hotspot set up, Steam decided to update itself and ever since then my game has been crashing.

I went into the game properties, under updates...there are only three choices! Auto update, keep this game up to date always, and top priority to update this game above other games.

ARGH. Is there a cure for this, which I think not? :<

Change your settings to disable auto-updating as default. Alternatively you can go to the downloads page and uncheck it for each game which auto-updates

Can't do this eez.  Everytime you play the game it will force it to update if you have the auto-updating disabled, which basically means you have to update someway no matter what.

Well I feared as much. What's going to become of mods in future?

They could have just let us do what we want after it's proven paid for ... :(

Because it would cause them a headache and they don't care much about the little guys.  If they allowed people to not update, people would try and play unpatched games and it would crash etc and they'd get people reporting bugs, whinning about bugs (that don't exist if they would just update), and encourage hacking/cheating.

JKG Developer