Fiction Section

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to have a writers' section for story-writing. It would help to encourage more explorations in storytelling, I think.

Many of these stories can then end up in SP TC mods, or machinimas, if they're found to be good.

Jeff likes this

Well, it's a bit of a Pandora's box, but I guess it'll have to do...

I was thinking more along the lines of a dedicated section to writing, as well as a profile role/"field" corresponding to "Writer", to foster new talent.

Good writing is very important for more comprehensive projects that involve storytelling. It'll be hard finding good stories published in "Art, Media and Technology" among all the other content there. There's simply too much going on.

Well, it's a bit of a Pandora's box, but I guess it'll have to do...

I was thinking more along the lines of a dedicated section to writing, as well as a profile role/"field" corresponding to "Writer", to foster new talent.

Good writing is very important for more comprehensive projects that involve storytelling. It'll be hard finding good stories published in "Art, Media and Technology" among all the other content there. There's simply too much going on.

I think this would only be useful if such things become popular enough to warrant their own section, until then the Art, Media and Technology fits fine.

JKG Developer

Well there are more visual artists here than actual writers so the section would be kinda wasted to be honest.  I've seen a few people here and there that write their own fiction but, as @@Darth Futuza said, it doesn't really warrant a good enough reason to have a writers section.  If anything it wouldn't be used all that often.

For comparison it would like having a Machinima section when there are few people here who actually make Machinima.  It would be like having a thread that is maybe 100 pages long, yeh one day it'll still be around but it'll only be glanced at compared to what it used to be which was something of a phase, it'll just be there taking up space.

True, but if we're going to use the tags we should start now, because adding tags later to already published writings will be troublesome.

I also think that the reason not so many people write is that there is no section for it really on the forums… XD It's a vicious cycle. :P

I think WIP works can easily go without tags into "Arts, Media and Technology", but finished works published here should be honoured with the appropriate tag at least.

Anyhow… food for thought.

@@Cerez the tags have been added.

Ohh, where, what, how? o.O

Thanks @@Circa. What are they?  :)

We should probably pin them all in a post at the top of the "Arts, Media and Technology" forum for reference (including any future ones we may add, such as fan art (drawing), concept art, machinima, etc.). It'll help to organise arts content better.  ^_^