Quota of positive votes

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Gaaah! This like limit is driving me crazy! >.<'  :wallbash:

Why limit the amount of likes on a daily base? Depending on how active I am here there are days when I just need to like more comments than normal. That's like putting a curfew on smiling. You can smile, but only three times a day. Sorry, but you've exceeded your limit on smiling.  -_- Now you'll have to keep a solemn face or frown...

Boothand likes this

LOL, are you sure it's 30?  :lol: It seems a lot less…  :P

Well… what can I say, the Force is strong with this one.  B)

But seriously, there's so much good feedback and fun replies around that I just can't help myself. And if you're involved in more than 3 active conversations on the forums, you end up hitting the limit pretty quick.

LOL, are you sure it's 30?  :lol: It seems a lot less…  :P

Well… what can I say, the Force is strong with this one.  B)

But seriously, there's so much good feedback and fun replies around that I just can't help myself. And if you're involved in more than 3 active conversations on the forums, you end up hitting the limit pretty quick.

I'm a part of the majority of conversations on this forum and never reached it. :P but I see your point, definitely. I'll raise it to 45 and see if that helps a little.

I don't really see the point of allowing upvotes, except that it might cut down on lauding oneliners, which it doesn't seem to. I'd much rather see an admin system where a red line is displayed below a comment saying that the person was warned or banned for said comment. That would make admining more apparent and please the crowd when it calls for blood. On the other hand, since genuine intervention is barely ever needed here, I'm not sure how often we'd see that in action.

Ping was warned for this post.

Omicron and eezstreet like this

I'm a part of the majority of conversations on this forum and never reached it. :P but I see your point, definitely. I'll raise it to 45 and see if that helps a little.

Thanks Circa. I'll try to count them this time. I'm suspicious that my browser is stealing some from me…  :shifty:

I don't really see the point of allowing upvotes, except that it might cut down on lauding oneliners, which it doesn't seem to. I'd much rather see an admin system where a red line is displayed below a comment saying that the person was warned or banned for said comment. That would make admining more apparent and please the crowd when it calls for blood. On the other hand, since genuine intervention is barely ever needed here, I'm not sure how often we'd see that in action.

Ping was warned for this post.

Lol.  Ceres is all "we should be nice to each other and compliment each other, etc..."

While Ping is like, "I WANT TO SEE CHILDREN'S TEARS.  IT BRINGETH ME JOY."

ent and Omicron like this

JKG Developer

I think one thing is great in @@Ping's idea: a comment that's a warning from a moderator could be distinguished with a red (or other) colour. The comment itself could be a simple and polite request to cease the inappropriate behaviour, but the distinct colour would help to make it look/feel more official.

@@Circa, an update on this: I've figured out why I've had trouble -- I'm in Australia, and the time-zone of the forum is such that it cuts my limit of likes in half to the next day. The 45 like limit seems to be sufficient now, though.

Thanks for making these changes.