Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Got a hypothetical question here...

I recently watched a few episodes where Anakin was on a planet with father, brother, sister who represented the force and whatnot. If Anakin did end up staying there and took the place of the father would the Emperor's plan continue with someone else? Would the galaxy really be much different?

Got a hypothetical question here...

I recently watched a few episodes where Anakin was on a planet with father, brother, sister who represented the force and whatnot. If Anakin did end up staying there and took the place of the father would the Emperor's plan continue with someone else? Would the galaxy really be much different?

If Anakin took the Father's place, it would be a complicated outcome. Since The Son and the Daughter embodied the dark and light side, if one died, either the power of the dark side or the clarity of the light would prevail in the galaxy. Since Anakin had the power to keep them both grounded, it's highly probable that the Sith would always continue outmaneuvering the Jedi discreetly in few, while the Jedi struggled, however having an advantage in numbers.

If Anakin joined The Son, he would have returned to the galaxy to end war, corruption and suffering in his eyes with the help of The Son. Sidious and Yoda would join forces and attempt to stop Anakin, but die trying.

Of course, Anakin did neither. He had intentions for peace, justice and security, but was willing to embrace his aggressiveness--and the dark side--to maintain all he held dear and use his power to destroy the corrupt. I think when he became Vader, he fell into the belief that there is no justice--only power. Balance eluded him until his destiny and his fate collided with the Emperor's. I don't think it was a matter of his achieving of balance, but rather his destiny to bring it to the galaxy.

(Kylo Ren: lol GG)

@@IrocJeff

The Mortis arc, the one you've mentioned, is perhaps one of the most disputed in TCW and Star Wars at all. I will admit, that the ideas of the Force and its balance - is a good move. But the performance in these episodes is what I don't like too much. The mystic planet and a "piramid" (or whatever) in space might be okey, but why would the planet react to day and night so severely?

I doubt, that the Dark Side means death. Destruction perhaps, but the concept of Mortis switching surroundings to life and death due to day and night is not convincing. It is also as if it were shown from the point of view of the Light Side.

The visual appearance of the Father, the Son and the Daughter is also something what I wouldn't expect from such creatures. While the Father looks more like a classic wizard, a magician, the Daughter looks more like a dancer of some sort. She wears clothes, which do not reveal her Light Side allegiance, but rather show, that she is a frequent visitor of some sort of a banquet on a Core Worlds planet. The Son is probably the one, who looks more appropriately to the situation :) And I even like the voice-acting here.

But the simpler clothes of the "deities" are, the better and more convincing they look. I this way, the priestesses in the Yoda arc look far better, and it's not possible to define their species.

I think, the Father would look much better if he looked as Vigil AI on Ilos in Mass Effect 1. He could of course switch his appearance to a humanoid form.

therfiles likes this
  • 2 months later...

@@NumberWan, @@IrocJeff, @, the Mortis episodes are actually an homage to 2001 - A Space Odyssey, and as such they are not meant to be taken too seriously. The events that take place are more symbolic than actually happening, and Mortis itself does not really exist. It's like an alternate dimension where anything can happen, and it feeds on the characters' emotional world.