First person view lightsaber aggrevations.

i am really mad at raven for not putting in 1pv for lightsaber in the game, seriously it should have been added in regardless of dual saber and staff saber problems, im tired of looking at the backside of my character when in lightsaber combat in SP. Also, it doesnt help any bit that all these trueview lightsaber mods dont come with a singleplayer option. >_>

Binds would be the only way to implement it, as far as I know. Unless you mess around with the autoexec.cfg to make it load automatically.

Or maybe you could get someone to copy over the code from JA++ to a new code base of OpenJK.

There is /cg_fpls in JKA.  It's a joke, tho.  The camera is literally in the character's head, which means you can kinda see teeth...  I've only ever messed with it in 1.00 multiplayer, so no idea if it even exists in SP, JA+ and whatnot.  :/

Simply put, they didn't do it because its not just an individual player model and many many different saber choices.

The way it works in JK2 is because that it's just an extra skin for kyle to render the hand and the saber.

This is especially noticable if you have a replacement model for kyle and/or his lightsaber hilt. Both the hilt and the model will be a mess of textures in 1st person mode.

therfiles likes this

so why doesn't someone create a camera trick and remove the head model or something along those lines? whats so bloody difficult about first person view in singleplayer, ive seen it doen so many times in MP mods

Because the single player modding wasn't possible prior to last year and nobody has taken up the initiative to port those mods to SP.  Your attitude is not very pleasing.  If you want it done, you do it.

I would if i could but i don't know jack anymore and my damn job keeps me from spending any amount of time learning.

also, prior to last year with the release of the source, what exactly was preventing singleplayer modding from achieving first person view of the lightsaber?

I don't get why there just can't be a cvar to cause the model textures/surface to just be transparent...

I guess you could make a script that makes the player invisible/visible. Not sure what you are looking for, though. It would just be a floating saber...