Favorite JKA SP Maps

Favorite JKA SP Maps  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite singleplayer maps in Jedi Academy?

• Introduction (Yavin IV)
    • Training (Yavin IV)
    • Mercenary Activity (Tatooine)
    • Droid Recovery (Tatooine)
    • Emergency Assistance (Bakura)
    • Merchant Rescue (Blenjeel)
    • Cult Investigation (Corellia)
    • Echo Base Pt 1 & 2 (Hoth)
    • Rescue Mission (Nar Kreeta)
    • Meet Contact (Zonju V)
    • Covert Operation (Kril'dor)
    • Capture Crime Lord (Coruscant)
    • Cult Investigation (Dosuun)
    • Bast Castle Pt 1, 2, & 3 (Vjun)
    • Cult Sighting (Chandrila)
    • Cult Investigation (Tanaab)
    • Dismantle Device (Yalara)
    • Force Theft Investigation (Byss)
    • Weapon Destruction (Ord Mantell)
    • Cult Facility Pt 1 & 2 (Taspir)
    • Tomb of Ragnos Pt 1 & 2 (Korriban) LIGHT SIDE
    • Tomb of Ragnos Pt 1 & 2 (Korriban) DARK SIDE

What are your favorite maps to play in singleplayer? There's no real point to this, I'm just playing the campaign again and would like to see what you guys think. Your answers can be based on difficulty, gameplay on the maps, enemies, location, whatever.

Despite horrible speeder mechanics, Meet Contact (Zonju V) was always loads of fun.  I dunno, a lot of others are fun though.

Oh yeah, just put on godmode and stay in that one spot where all the enemy speeders keep spawning and try to take them out with the saber...so much fun :P

And (because I didn't say it earlier) my favs are Zonju V because of the speeders, Chandrila because IMO the map is beautiful, there are a lot of fun force-using enemies, and lots of bottomless pits. My most favorite would be Korriban dark, mainly because you have to fight everyone and there's no other level where you can legally kill other jedi :P

Ugh I just did that one, it sucked. I like how at the end, if you have the sniper, you don't even have to get close to him and you can just snipe him from the ground. Also, Rax is my least favorite character in the entire game

Personally, my favourite was Covert Operation (Kril'dor), which I really liked for the quality of the modelling, and the general interesting feel of the mission itself. It felt very Star Wars to me, for lack of a better word.

Other good ones were Chandrila (beautiful environment duh), Vjun (the most original of the missions IMO), and Hoth (not as original story,  but the mapping was absolutely brilliant).

Korriban 1+2 Dark side, not only because of the satisfaction gained from killing both the Jedi and Sith that stand in your way, but because I find these two levels the only really challenging levels in the entire game, besides maybe the Chandrila level. I also think that the dark side ending seems more proper for the story, considering all that Jaden has been through, but that's just my opinion.

My favorite part of the DS ending has to be how Kyle fits the part of the Final Boss perfectly, I think. Kyle constantly keeps reminding Jaden that he doesn't want to fight him, let alone kill him, but he has no choice. Kyle's also the only boss that actually grapples you (iknowkungfu)and forcefully removes your saber from your hand at random moments, which is a nice little addition to his repertoire, but also a disappointing reminding that no one else in game uses that ability. A shame really, considering how the some enemies, like the unarmed cultists, sure could have used those skills to raise up their level of difficulty.

There's also a line that Kyle says during the battle which strike me as ironic, "I am your master!" Earlier in the game though, Kyle says that "titles make my skin crawl. Secondly, you're not serving under me." Definitely shows you how Kyle isn't exactly in the same mindset he was in before, huh? One of Kyle's victory lines is actually even him apologizing to Jaden after having won the fight. Kyle's lines are one the main reasons why I love his boss fight.

you also get to kill rosh

Korriban 1+2 Dark side, not only because of the satisfaction gained from killing both the Jedi and Sith that stand in your way, but because I find these two levels the only really challenging levels in the entire game, besides maybe the Chandrila level. I also think that the dark side ending seems more proper for the story, considering all that Jaden has been through, but that's just my opinion. Kyle also fits the role of Final Boss perfectly, I think.

Challenging? Found them really easy.

Challenging? Found them really easy.

Challenging at least compared to the rest of the game. Even on Jedi Master difficulty, the game was easy. I thought Korriban was the only level which stood out as somewhat challenging; the key word here being 'somewhat'.

Also, I really hated fighting in the those tight tomb rooms that had the two Jedi Masters and Jedi Knight. It's easy enough when you abuse force choke, but without it, I thought it was a pain in the ass.

I have played JKA in my youth a lot of times on Jedi-Master...
Ok, you are right... it's easy. There are some old good SP Mod's wich are 500% harder.

But the Bast Castle was nice challenging, and the cooperation with Kyle rly nice!

Dosunn was nice, too I would say. Because it's maybe the only mission where u only use weapons xD
Using weapons is cool in JK :D

Zonju V wasn't so cool for me... I've fought to nobody as I remember... only driving through the map is no mission in my opinion~ ...

Graphically Yavin is still the best in whole JKA :) I think

Crime Lord on Coruscant had a gooood atmosphere...
and Hoth was the best killing mission ^^

Challenging at least compared to the rest of the game. Even on Jedi Master difficulty, the game was easy. I thought Korriban was the only level which stood out as somewhat challenging; the key word here being 'somewhat'.

Also, I really hated fighting in the those tight tomb rooms that had the two Jedi Masters and Jedi Knight. It's easy enough when you abuse force choke, but without it, I thought it was a pain in the ass.

They're still easier than some other maps. t2_dpred, for example. Hell, even the taspir levels were harder...

• 2 weeks later...

I find it funny how Kyle is supposed to be helping you for the first five missions, and then he...does nothing, talks to people, doesn't show up, says "you can handle it", or almost murders you from above in the comfortable ship while you have to go onto the speeding train in the rain and fight all the enemies

Angel Soul likes this
  • 1 month later...

My favs are

- Dosunn (Love the architecture - especially the part where you were shutting down security lockdown).

- Kril'Dor (Love ninjaing and sniping my way around. Beautiful architecture, skybox, and beautiful wind and music to it. Very relaxing.)
- Bakura (Love ninjaing there as well. Love the music and the wind.)

- Tattooine - Droid Recovery (nice music, nice setting)

- Blenjeel

- Byss

- Hoth (1st part)

Those are the only maps I enjoy plaing in SP. All other I find boring lol.

Korriban 1+2 Dark side, not only because of the satisfaction gained from killing both the Jedi and Sith that stand in your way, but because I find these two levels the only really challenging levels in the entire game, besides maybe the Chandrila level. I also think that the dark side ending seems more proper for the story, considering all that Jaden has been through, but that's just my opinion.

My favorite part of the DS ending has to be how Kyle fits the part of the Final Boss perfectly, I think. Kyle constantly keeps reminding Jaden that he doesn't want to fight him, let alone kill him, but he has no choice. Kyle's also the only boss that actually grapples you (iknowkungfu)and forcefully removes your saber from your hand at random moments, which is a nice little addition to his repertoire, but also a disappointing reminding that no one else in game uses that ability. A shame really, considering how the some enemies, like the unarmed cultists, sure could have used those skills to raise up their level of difficulty.

There's also a line that Kyle says during the battle which strike me as ironic, "I am your master!" Earlier in the game though, Kyle says that "titles make my skin crawl. Secondly, you're not serving under me." Definitely shows you how Kyle isn't exactly in the same mindset he was in before, huh? One of Kyle's victory lines is actually even him apologizing to Jaden after having won the fight. Kyle's lines are one the main reasons why I love his boss fight.

you also get to kill rosh

Only??? I find all reborns to be cheap b*stards. LOL :D And Kyle was just... ugh... don't even want to mention it. They use cheap tricks to get their things through. Upping reborns with that ability... I wouldn't stand it. Would just uninstall the game. lol :D