Different ways to replace models?

Go to solution Solved by Omicron,

Hey guys, I am planning on replacing certain MB2 models with recent ones, like the neo mars Darth Maul model with DT85's Darth Maul and The Boba Fett model with Mandalorians new Boba Fett model. 

The way I am doing this is opening the MB2model.rar and going into the models (For example lord_maul_r) and deleting its contents and replacing it with certain ones from DT's Darth Maul model. 

The way I am doing this is VERY inconvenient, sometimes certain models that are replaced will have no textures, and there is no way to fix this. Are there other ways to replace models that I am unaware of?  

You'll need to change the lines in the .skin files to match the folder you put the files in. That's why there are no textures showing up. They are looking for DT_Maul, not lord_maul_r

Ok so rename DT_mauls files to match that of lord_maul_r? 

Yes, rename the folder from "DT_Maul" to "Lord_Maul_r" and make sure the path in the .skin file directs to "/models/players/lord_maul_r" instead of "models/players/DT_maul" and you're good to go.

But the DT_Maul's folder comes with different versions of Darth Maul, the one I want is the hooded robed one. The DT_maul folder comes with more than one version of Maul, the version I want is the hooded robed version. 

• Solution

But the DT_Maul's folder comes with different versions of Darth Maul, the one I want is the hooded robed one. The DT_maul folder comes with more than one version of Maul, the version I want is the hooded robed version. 

Then change the name of the hooded version to match the one you want to replace and delete the others you don't want.