Failure to understand setup.

Up to the point of the "How to install" guide it goes to say, Create a base folder next to the mme folder after you extract it to your Gamedata folder. To my knowledge...there is already a base folder in the Gamedata and in the guide it even says to put in the assets files from the base of the game path.........Anyways not doing this seems to not matter :P

So am I reading it wrong and need two base folders in the same place (which is impossible unless named differently) and crazy.

Even goes on to start the mod you need to use the launch_jamme.cmd file. There is none but there is start_jamme which I assume is a miscorrection somewhere in your description by an outdated post which should be kept updated for late comers like myself :)

Course with someone who never used the function to record "demos" it been easy to understand if you put in the setup that you needed to record a demo which explaining how to do such, since I use FRAP so using the JKA demo to record is a whole side to making videos :P But I am rambling now.

So, it be good idea to fix the guide a bit to the updated mod as well.

iirc, you should install jaMME in a place that does require admin privileges or whatever to avoid it messing up stuff. So you'll need to install it to something like My Games\jaMME\Gamedata\

So you'll need to install jaMME in a directory away from Program Files like that.

The .cmd file had it's name changed st some point, but launch/start_jamme.cmd is what you use to start it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I spent a good few weeks on this. Following every step, bind etc. Nothing seems to work for me. idk how everyone else found a way to make it work but it dont do as it says it should do.

Nothing fancy just made a small demo of myself walking. Got into the mod, set the cams...I think. Tried to capture...and nothing appears.

How about some visual tutorials.

What are you asking me?

I got demos and such, Ive loaded the demo in the maker, and....can't capture, record, or w/e you wish to call it. Heck placing cameras to follow a set path doesn't even work.  So like I asked, Visual guide would most idea for moments like this. So many words that instead of saying what to do, do more of explaining what it does and little to actual worth.

Maybe for lack of better, screenshot guide.

The jaMME version question is odd to ask when you made the mod and it changed it to some colorful jaMMe 1.6.
--------------
The mmedemos folder has one file with the same name as the demo.

So about that visual guide.

The jaMME version question is odd to ask when you made the mod and it changed it to some colorful jaMMe 1.6.

--------------

I can understand your enthusiasm with the camera mod and your frustration at your inability to get it to work.  However, you are acting like a complete douche.  Ent put a lot of time and effort into making his tutorials and they explain practically everything you need to know.  At the very least you could be more proactive in providing screenshots and info on how you installed, e.g. have you tried a fresh install of JKA, JA patch and whatever mod you're using, etc.

Raz0r likes this

--------------

They are not odd to ask. I wanted to be sure that you actually loaded the mod, and you have rights to write files.

According to your answers, everything should work. Do you have mmedemos.cfg in your mme folder? There are all the binds. If, as you say, they are not working, try to load the config directly with /exec mmedemos.cfg.

Also be sure you followed the tutorials correctly. Maybe you were trying to control camera when actually did not switch to camera at all? There has to be shown View: Camera nd Edit: Camera in the demo HUD which is put on the left side.