Mp to SP?

Go to solution Solved by Omicron,

There are tons of awesome models and skins that only work in MP. Being a primarily SP player, I'm wondering if there's a way to convert them to SP?

Yes, I know about the playermodel command. I've even successfully taken mods without npc support and created npcs from it.

The problem with npcs is that during the cut scene it uses your base model and not the npc model. For some models that's a serious break in immersion.

I've also read a tutorial on Jk3files about how to convert to SP but my brain just can't seem to wrap around it.

anybody help me out? If all else fails I have one specific MP mod that I want to use in SP

Thanks

Where do you get lost? We would be glad to help you out. :)

To get the playermodel command to work in cutscenes is to give the exact skin file variants that you want. 

Example:

playermodel stormtrooper model_default model_default model_default

That will give you the default stormtrooper model.

If they have playerchoice.txt then it should work in SP. But if it doesn't it's missing one of the following. 

These are the necessary things for a model to show in the SP menu:

models/players/model folder:
  • icon_head_a1.jpg
  • icon_torso_a1.jpg
  • icon_lower_a1.jpg
  • head_a1.skin
  • torso_a1.skin
  • lower_a1.skin
  • playerchoice.txt
strings/english/ folder: 
  • MENUS.str

Those are the minimum. There will probably be more.

Omicron likes this

They don't actually have to be called a1, but the main thing is that the icons and skin files have to match, so you could use something like 4j and it should work

But now I think about it, I'm not sure if it has to start with a letter, and what the actual restrictions are with it

They don't actually have to be called a1, but the main thing is that the icons and skin files have to match, so you could use something like 4j and it should work

But now I think about it, I'm not sure if it has to start with a letter, and what the actual restrictions are with it

Ah, you're right. Just tried z1 and it worked.

add icon_head_a1, icon_torso_a1, icon_lower_a1, the playerchoice.txt, the sound.cfg file for the sound of the player voice in combat inside the model folder and you have the model working for SP.

for have in the player choice specie menus, simply add the name of the species that you desire and the name of the model in the first strings of MENU.str

you can open skin files, STR files, NPC files, playerchoice... all that file can be edited by notepad. there is nothing else to do. ^^

Example: you have a plo koon model.

1: Go into the folder of plokoon

2: add the playerchioice file

3: edit the sound.cfg with the name of the folder of the sound\chars\ character.

so if the path is sound\chars\plokoon\misc

you need to write

plokoon

m (because is male XD) write f if character is female.

4 copy past and rename the icon_default to icon_head_a1, icon_torso_a1, icon_lower_a1

5 open Menus.STR file in the string assest and add the name of the character anbd the name of the playermodel

in the reference strings.

so example

Plo Koon <- character

plokoon  <- playermodel.

that's all! :D

To get the playermodel command to work in cutscenes is to give the exact skin file variants that you want. 

Example:

playermodel stormtrooper model_default model_default model_default

That will give you the default stormtrooper model.

Can you go over this again? I'm having trouble getting this to work.

I made an npc called sithy.

When I do playermodel sithy, it works fine.

But when i do playermodel sithy model_default model_default model_default (the syntax you gave me, and I'm confused on why use model_default 3 times) anyway, it says sithy not found and loads stormtrooper.

You put that 3 times because you are giving the skin files used for the variant you want. So if you used the jedi_hm model, you'd have some specific combo of that model. head_c1 is the brown hair head, torso_a1 is the jedi robe looking torso, and lower_a1 is the black pants. But with a normal MP model, you only have 3 choices: default, blue, and red. So you just give the default for each section of the body. This lets the cinematics know which model variants you are using.

But you can only use the model folder name of the model you want. This is why they named most of them the same, to avoid confusion. Whatever you put for the model line in the NPC file, is what you'd use for the command.

Example:

The location of the reborn model is models/players/reborn

So the command would be playermodel reborn model_default model_default model_default