Model Dismemberment (in MP) and PK3 Loading

Go to solution Solved by ent,

Two questions:

1. How does one exactly enable model dismemberment in base JKA MP?

2. Is there any way to script the autoexec.cfg so that it only loads a particular PK3 if the SP game runs, and ignores it for the MP game? Or any other way to make this happen?

#2: I'm not sure...what are you trying to accomplish? Maybe we can think of another way.

I have a peculiar mod that I sorely need for SP but that breaks the default Kyle model in MP, and therefore the game itself. I want to load the mod only when the SP game runs, and get the game to ignore it in MP.

The mod itself can't be fixed/helped. It's just the design of it.

The older Mac release of Jedi Academy allowed for two base folders -- one for SP and one for MP -- but now that I'm stuck with only one base folder this presents a problem.

I have a peculiar mod that I sorely need for SP but that breaks the default Kyle model in MP, and therefore the game itself. I want to load the mod only when the SP game runs, and get the game to ignore it in MP.

The mod itself can't be fixed/helped. It's just the design of it.

The older Mac release of Jedi Academy allowed for two base folders -- one for SP and one for MP -- but now that I'm stuck with only one base folder this presents a problem.

What mod is it? If it replaces Kyle in MP, the SP mod did something wrong. You only need to replace the model used for the NPC to replace a model in SP.

It's a comprehensive mod that replaces a number of Kyle related models in the SP game. A simple NPC file tweak would not be sufficient. There's not really any way to change the mod.

I'm just wondering whether there is a way to tell JKA to ignore a PK3 for the MP launch (but not for SP).

Also, what's the situation with model dismemberment in the base MP JKA? It doesn't seem to be working for me at all… :/

I've tried the following:

cg_dismember

cg_dismemberment

cg_sabermorerealistic

g_dismember

g_dismemberment

g_sabermorerealistic

@@Circa and @@therfiles, you were totally right, and I was totally wrong. After some extensive repackaging, I've managed to move a model file that was causing the problem and still retain all the SP in-game models with the additional help of rewriting some SKIN files and tweaking the NPC file. If what I just said sounds complicated, it's because it was. It took me a while to figure it out. >.<' But it's working now! :D Both SP and MP are fully functional. So, thank you for you help.

cg_dismember 3 would do the trick for ya ;)
Otherwise, you can also download Ultra Utility and select it in the ingame menu.
I mostly exaggerate cg_dismember to an amount of cg_dismember 9000 orso.

Thanks Vulcan. Is this for base JA (solo game mode)? Because it sure isn't working for me… Whether cg_dismember is set to 3, 9000, or 0 makes no difference in my MP game. :/

Circa and therfiles like this
  • Solution

Thanks Vulcan. Is this for base JA (solo game mode)? Because it sure isn't working for me… Whether cg_dismember is set to 3, 9000, or 0 makes no difference in my MP game. :/

It also has to be enabled on server side with g_dismember afaik. And seems like you should try values between 0 and 100, that controls probability of the dismemmberment where 100 is 100% probability (according to the game code).

And cg_dismemeber (client side) could be 0, 1 or 2, and when it's 2 then it also slashes head and torso.

Ent, you are a genius! You deserve not just a cookie but a whole cake! With all the conflicting information on Google out there, I never would have figured out that g_dismember sets the probability level.

For anyone else having a trouble getting realistic saber combat working in either the SP or MP part of the game:

SP:
seta g_sabermorerealistic 2 //sharpness of lightsaber blade (0 - normal damage, 1 - higher damage, 2 - cuts characters up when killed, 3 - even touching the blade kills)
seta g_dismemberment 3 //how much can get cut off (0 - nothing/disabled, 1 - hands and feet, 2 - hands, feet, arms, legs, 3 - hands, feet, arms, legs, head, torso)
seta g_dismemberprobabilities 40 //how likely dismemberment is to happen (10-100)
MP:
seta g_dismember 100 //effectively disable (0) or enable (100) dismemberment
seta cg_dismember 2 //how much can get cut off (0 - nothing/disabled, 1 - hands, feet, arms, legs, 2 - hands, feet, arms, legs, head, torso)

Additional realism settings:

​seta g_corpseRemovalTime 0 //dead bodies don't disappear (in SP)
seta broadsword 1 //rag-doll physics (dead bodies are not solid objects)

It's best to put all these commands in a (new) text file named "autoexec.cfg" in the base folder. Just make sure you change all the "seta" to "set".

Vulcan likes this