Who the hell is kenoi?!!

Hey,

I just realised I never introduced myself.

I'm the new Padawan learner. I'm Ahsoka Tano-- erm… what I mean to say is I'm a Star Wars fan diving back into JKA modding, and hopefully cutscene scripting after a long hiatus of many years. Looking to meet friends and work collaboratively on hobby projects centred around Jedi Academy. This game and its greater creative community has somehow stayed with me for all these years, and I find that even if the graphics have aged, the essence of the world remains and presents more opportunities now than ever to build and make dreams come true (especially with the recent open source developments).

Jedi Academy was the first comprehensive game to pique my interest in modding, scripting, graphics and game design, and I have found all the time invested in it worthwhile to fuel my passion for certain creative digital processes. I've had experience in shader writing, icon and UI design, audio conversion and editing, skinning, character design, scripting, creative writing, acting, and machinima filming all through my involvement with the greater JKA community.

I chose these particular forums and community because of an excellent resource and organised approach, but I really look forward to getting to know you all and to work on some great creative projects together. The talent here is amazing, and there really is no better time to excel with our work and create lasting entertainment we can all be proud of -- all the while developing our skills and having a great time doing it.

So here's my best wishes and hopes for a friendly and memorable experience.

Finally, in the tradition of Mel Blanc, I'd like to conclude with the random shout:

WHO THE HELL IS KENOI?!!

Hehehehe! Thanks guys. ^_^

Welcome aboard but from the sounds of things, I wouldn't say your a padawan learner, too many skills to be ranked that low. :P

Well, I guess that depends on how you look at it. It does take years of training to rise to the level of a Jedi Knight, after all, and a Padawan has to learn many skills before passing the trials. ;) Not all students progress fast with their training, either...

I like Ahsoka she's awesome! :D

Listened to an interview on the radio half a year ago where the woman that voices her was doing a Q&A, sadly I got in too late and my question wasn't answered -_-

I actually made a low poly version of her lightsaber too :P   Never finished it though xD

https://skfb.ly/yHos

Wow, that looks amazing! You have to finish it, Captain. Now that I've seen it I can't stop bugging you until you do. :P What's not finished on it? From the looks of it it's ready to be skinned and put in-game.

By the way, I'm so glad I've found at least one person here who shares my fandom for The Clone Wars series and Ahsoka's character! :D

The actress is kind, but her character is wicked! ^_^

Best Padawan ever!

It's so sad that with the Disney buyout the series was forced to an end, but I'm glad that Dave and the guys managed to complete her story in a way, though.

CaptainCrazy likes this

Wow, that looks amazing! You have to finish it, Captain. Now that I've seen it I can't stop bugging you until you do. :P What's not finished on it? From the looks of it it's ready to be skinned and put in-game.

By the way, I'm so glad I've found at least one person here who shares my fandom for The Clone Wars series and Ahsoka's character! :D

The actress is kind, but her character is wicked! ^_^

Best Padawan ever!

It's so sad that with the Disney buyout the series was forced to an end, but I'm glad that Dave and the guys managed to complete her story in a way, though.

Well I can easily skin it but it's too high poly to put into this engine so yeh.  Could always make a low poly version though I guess.

When I say it's not finished it means I'm not 100% happy with it but hey I'm a perfectionist so yeh xD

I really did like the Clone Wars series and occasionally consider actually making maps and characters in that style for JA but would be a lot of work for one person.  It'd need to be in a sort of pastel coloured cartoon/stylized, well, style too which is kinda not the norm for this game.

Cerez likes this

Well I can easily skin it but it's too high poly to put into this engine so yeh.  Could always make a low poly version though I guess.

Do it! :winkthumb:  I'm working on an Ahsoka JKA model with @@Asgarath83, and you guys have already recreated Plo Koon from the series. With the Clone Wars Adventures resource we have a direct foundation/reference for a skinning and modelling style to use with JKA that matches the series' visuals.

I really did like the Clone Wars series and occasionally consider actually making maps and characters in that style for JA but would be a lot of work for one person.  It'd need to be in a sort of pastel coloured cartoon/stylized, well, style too which is kinda not the norm for this game.

On the last bit, I do have some ideas for a more serious project involving JKA and the series, and I'm interested in getting a skilled team together to embark on creating a new CW series based game/direction from the JKA source. But more on this later. At this stage I'm still working on the initial concepts, the script and learning the tricks of scripting cutscenes to test the fundamentals and prepare some demos.

The episodic format of the series and the stylised visuals lend themselves well to a game adaptation that follows very closely in the footsteps of the series.

@ I believe that @@JAWSFreelao was, and maybe still is, working on a CW mod but I'm not certain how far along that is.  Would be nice however to construct a team from the ground up rather than just jump into one half way lol.

Anyhoo this is meant to be an introduction thread so we should probably take it to private messaging if you want?

@ I believe that @@JAWSFreelao was, and maybe still is, working on a CW mod but I'm not certain how far along that is.  Would be nice however to construct a team from the ground up rather than just jump into one half way lol.

We'll see. Possibly we can merge certain aspects/resources if @@JAWSFreelao's team is interested.

Anyhoo this is meant to be an introduction thread so we should probably take it to private messaging if you want?

Probably a good idea. If anyone reading this is interested in getting involved in a CW series project, feel free to send me a PM until I get things ready to announce anything officially. (That is if I can get over the technical hurdles first.)

JAWSFreelao likes this

I think it'd be cool to see someone adapt some of those characters in a realistic way (instead of the cartoony style).  It'd still give you a lot of creative freedom (at least with ones we don't see in the movies), and we'd get to see what the characters might look like if they were in a movie.

CaptainCrazy likes this

JKG Developer

I think it'd be cool to see someone adapt some of those characters in a realistic way (instead of the cartoony style).  It'd still give you a lot of creative freedom (at least with ones we don't see in the movies), and we'd get to see what the characters might look like if they were in a movie.

An interesting suggestion, Darth.

I think this should be a separate project on its own: to creatively interpret all the Clone Wars characters and create a realistically rendered model set for them in JKA.

Yo, nice to have you here

Thanks Omicron.

I'd like to stick to the original designs and not make realistic interpretations xD

It's a much bigger challenge, but I would like this, too. I think the realistic renders should be an independent project from this one.

CaptainCrazy likes this