Getting a saber to disable force use

Go to solution Solved by therfiles,

If I remember correctly force powers can be disabled if you use the NPC tool and spawn someone with no force abilities what so over. I'm not sure if that is exactly what you are after. But I am quite sure what you are asking is indeed possible in some fashion.

Not through the saberfile (at least that I'm aware of), you'd have to go some other route, probably code I think.

I assume this is for singleplayer?  Just have a trigger or something to set the players force to 0, once the saber is obtained.  BTW, do you want player to still have force jump?

JKG Developer

Not through the saberfile (at least that I'm aware of), you'd have to go some other route, probably code I think.

I assume this is for singleplayer?  Just have a trigger or something to set the players force to 0, once the saber is obtained.  BTW, do you want player to still have force jump?

Force jump is fine , I just don't want the player using push, pull, etc.

• Solution

You can...kind of.

Looking at this amazing wiki article, there is a short section on force restrictions:

forceRestrict a power to restrict if twoHanded is set to 1. The cvar g_saberRestrictForce may have to be set to 1. Enter the key multiple times to block multiple powers:

• FP_HEAL
  • FP_LEVITATION
  • FP_SPEED
  • FP_PUSH
  • FP_PULL
  • FP_TELEPATHY
  • FP_GRIP
  • FP_LIGHTNING
  • FP_SABERTHROW
  • FP_SABER_DEFENSE
  • FP_SABER_OFFENSE
  • FP_RAGE
  • FP_PROTECT
  • FP_ABSORB
  • FP_DRAIN
  • FP_SEE

Basically, if you say "hey, this saber needs two hands to wield", then it doesn't make sense for the user to be able to preform these force powers, commonly associated with a hand motion. But it looks like you need a cvar set to 1 in order to enable this feature.

Usage:

forceRestrict FP_SEE

Thanks that's what I was looking for

You can...kind of.

Looking at this amazing wiki article, there is a short section on force restrictions:

Basically, if you say "hey, this saber needs two hands to wield", then it doesn't make sense for the user to be able to preform these force powers, commonly associated with a hand motion. But it looks like you need a cvar set to 1 in order to enable this feature.

Usage:

forceRestrict FP_SEE

Thanks that's what I was looking for. It's kinda amazing how many different functions the saber file has. Thanks again.

therfiles likes this