Long Lost Mods

Hm, are they ported? I've never used them, and I don't know what they're from. They were screenshots on some russian site I couldn't read, but the download links didn't work.

Yeah, they are ported. I will try to find the links. And I know who had done this work :) And the site is ukrainian.

UPD: huh, all the links are broken and no one have them too. Strangely. Will ask around about them.

Most of the "really awesome" models that look exactly like the original game model tend to be ported.

This is very sad, but alas its becoming more and more true with each passing day.

I know my original model for my RP was a port of Bao-Dur.

But I eventually got away from it, put horns on the HS Head after I edited the vertex's a touch.. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

As I stated but in the wrong place, lol, were these 3 JA maps that I am seeking:

Taspir Frag Edition V2

Orbital Planetshield Generator

Castle at Corellia.

Also on an old site called JK2 Classic files is a sound file that won't download. Its Luke's On/Off saber sounds. The file is called ROTJ_D'akt_saber_sound.zip. I'd like to have it if anyone can help.

Oh and if anyone would like to know or already does, the LucasFiles site is down too. It says for "maintenance", but it has been that way for some time now. Its possible it may never become active again. We'll see. TY for any help. take care.

• 9 months later...

didn't see a rule telling me not to necro threads, so here i go

i'm hunting for old mods i used to have for JK2/JK3, and it's like finding a needle in a haystack made of angry scorpions in which the needle is also actually an angry scorpion. so far i've been relatively successful but there are a few that have eluded me: three maps, two skins, and a skin pack. it's a lot harder when you don't remember the names for most of them and have screenshots for only a couple.

first map is called Bast Castle Saga. if i recall correctly it was originally made for a new game mode for JK2, which JK3 superseded with the Siege mode. it was two big black towers in a giant field of yellow lava, and you could climb up the bigger tower and eventually get to Darth Vader's meditation chamber. the only download link i found for it leads to the long-lost pcgamemods.com

second map is called Mars or The Red Planet or something like that. it's a little base set on Mars, with a small symmetrical building on the surface that includes an airlock, and several corridors and control rooms and such deeper underground, and a big hangar, and a control room with breakable windows that suck you out into a huge foggy canyon. i think it might have been only for JK2, but i seem to recall using it in JK3 too.

third map is, well, i don't remember the name. it was set inside a big cave and had an abandoned outpost kind of feel. lots of walkways and such, reminiscient of the Rift maps in JK3, but all the bottomless drops were obscured by bright green fog.

first skin is a huge black reptilian guy with small horns on his head and silver and black armor. i think he was based on the Desann model, and he had a cape, and i think red eyes.

second skin is this guy:

0d8y.jpg

i'm not sure if this was for JK2 or JK3 and it may have simply been ported from elsewhere but i kinda miss him. unfortunately i've long forgotten what its name was.

third skin is a skin pack, a set of reskinned Rebels.

f3qv.jpg

that guy is one of them. it was a pack that had, i think, three white human males, one black human male, and i think a Chiss and a Trandoshan, all wearing approximately the same dark blue uniforms. unfortunately, i don't remember the name of the skin pack.

i've scoured JKHub, JK3Files, and Strategy Informer, and found nothing. i'm afraid that the first two skins might have been only on pcgamemods, but i know the maps were still floating around a couple of years ago, after pcgamemods' demise. i just can't find them and it makes me cry inside.

so any help, even if you just know their names, will be mucho appreciated.

The second skin is 'ScorpDeathKnight.' There were ~5 updates on pcgamemods back in the day. It was a port/frankenstien of reborn, ut model, and a WoW/concept. Still it kicked ass. I have it, but I don't have a way to upload it for you.

Any suggestions?

The second skin is 'ScorpDeathKnight.' There were ~5 updates on pcgamemods back in the day. It was a port/frankenstien of reborn, ut model, and a WoW/concept. Still it kicked ass. I have it, but I don't have a way to upload it for you.

Any suggestions?

mediafire works pretty well for me. alternatively, if it fits into an email attachment, you could just send it that way to forkliftking at gmail dot com. edit: on second thought, i found a copy of the pk3 on my own, now that i've got the name. thanks anyway!

anyway, jediknightii.net didn't work, but once i had the pk3 name i was able to find a copy. and naturally, the third map, Gulf of Souls, was on jk3files after all. thanks guys!

katanamaru likes this

Yes, a lot of old maps that were only found on pcgamemods can be found on DGS maps. I wasn't even around during pcgamemods, whenever I went there all I got was a picture of two children playing video games :(.

I sent an email to the creator of the imperial outpost SP maps, but the mail didn't go through, he must be using a different mail now :(.

I do remember downloading parts 2 and 3 of the imperial outpost maps from somewhere, it might have been lucasfiles, but currently lucasfiles is down.

It's such a shame when great maps are lost in JKA. It's almost like "The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask Debug Rom" that was leaked by Ced. Took me forever to find a link to it, should still be up though.