Starships/speeders/swoops

OlgO

Hi everyone!

"Md3 models" section has been empty for some time, so we think it's time to start a new topic here to show some md3 models that we made for our mod.

1. The republic star cruiser "Home V".

home5_zps6d56bc7a.jpg

2.RGC-16 airspeeder.

rgc16speeder_zps31d47cc4.jpg

3. Clan swoop. (Well, that's actually a .glm model, but there is an md3 version too)

rut_swoop_zpse69073be.jpg

4.V-35 Courier.

v35courier_zps57cb7e6a.jpg

5. 9000 Z001 landspeeder.

z001_zpsa990cadf.jpg

therfiles, yeyo JK, Futuza and 11 others like this

Thank you all!

Love the republic cruiser! Does that hanger have a explorable interior?

I am not sure what do you mean by an explorable interior, but there is just a hangar where you can put some ships or cargo, its empty by default:

home_5_inside_zpsa07fd91b.jpg

Anyway it won't be shown much in game)

Onysfx likes this

@@Agent_Ross Thanks! The new swoop bike can be used by players on a certain mission.

@@DT85 It is possible, that they are indeed bright, though ingame it's not seen that way. With maps environment and lights (as well as shadows) the bright colors are smoothed and darker, having a more natural look. Some models also have glass, which is also "shadered" in the game, having glimpses and glassy look. :) Actually the first screen of Republic cruiser is the depiction, how the models live in the game. 

Bane_Ross likes this

are all of them flyable/driveable? (Don't think the ship is just because it got an interior ;D)

Well clan swoop is driveable for sure) We can consider of making RGC-16 airspeeder and V-35 Courier driveable, though we didn't make any guns on those speeders, so I don't know where such vehicles can be used... We are not going to make Home and 9000 Z001 landspeeder flyable, we are using those models as a part of environment.

I think making RGC-16 as a vehicle is always a possibility. Luke's landspeeder was made into one, and the original in the film didn't have any weapons... I am not sure, how that would work though. These are plans for the future though.

There is also a model of XP-38, which is being textured at the moment. We believe, that "the future is old", so all these models have scratches, burnings, other marks - all left in the past, perhaps, by previous owners (for instance RGC is known to have been used during the Clone Wars, and it's been almost 40 years since then).

Jeff likes this

I think making RGC-16 as a vehicle is always a possibility. Luke's landspeeder was made into one, and the original in the film didn't have any weapons... I am not sure, how that would work though. These are plans for the future though.

There is also a model of XP-38, which is being textured at the moment. We believe, that "the future is old", so all these models have scratches, burnings, other marks - all left in the past, perhaps, by previous owners (for instance RGC is known to have been used during the Clone Wars, and it's been almost 40 years since then).

It's great to hear that you believe "the future is old". That in my opinion is one of many things that made the OT great.

@@Jeff

Yes, it was one of the reasons, we've re-created things from Episode IV, like a strange round ship. We also have transport from Episode I, but they are old, have scratches on the sides (there is an old Republic Diplomatic Shuttle seen in the TPM for example).

Some planets have the traits of those good old times from Episode IV-VI. These surely include Sulon, which has the color theme that of Dark Forces II. Imperial worlds, Ord Mantell and some others also fall into this category.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Barricade24

Thanks for kind works. I think textures and shaders will bring the necessary results :)

I worked on textures for three more models yesterday, one of which is equal in its status to that of a Mon Calamari Republic Cruiser. Hoping to finish all these models and post them soon as screenshots. Stay tuned  ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you all!

I am not sure what do you mean by an explorable interior, but there is just a hangar where you can put some ships or cargo, its empty by default:

home_5_inside_zpsa07fd91b.jpg

Anyway it won't be shown much in game)

he was referring to the ship exploding from the inside right Onysfx? I believe there was a clone wars episode of that lol

he was referring to the ship exploding from the inside right Onysfx? I believe there was a clone wars episode of that lol

Nope, I was just wondering whether you could explore the inside of the star destroyed, almost like a brand new space map.

• 6 months later...