More JKA Technical Non-sense

Go to solution Solved by eezstreet,

Alright, so a few days ago, JKA decided to stop working for me. Whenever I start the game and it goes to the boot screen I'm kicked out to the desktop and the program stops working. This happened almost immediately after I updated my graphics card so I'm sure that the card is to blame. However, I have not been able to find a fix of some kind to help remedy this issue, assuming that the graphics card is even to blame.

Oh, and my graphics chip is an Intel HD Graphics 4400. Before the update it worked well :P

Try using OpenJK. I think vanilla JKA has graphics issues

Well, that fixed everything :P

One question though. Is there a way that I can launch OpenJK through UU instead of it auto launching japlus?

Not sure.

I assumed in that auto load mod box you put the directory for the mod in, didn't really work. Then I figured since it used the name of the JA+ folder that I'd just put the name of the folder that had OpenJK in it; still didn't work. So...I'll probably have to ditch the KT if I can't figure how to get it working

Well, what are you using UU for? You might not need it.

Not really as a kill tracker but more for the chat styling and media player

Maybe its a crazy idea but what if you rename the openjk executable to jamp.exe?

It probably won't work :P

Replacing the jamp.exe

Renaming existing one to jamp.exe.old and grabbing openjkx86 and renaming to jamp.exe should work because UU just looks for an exe in default location, worked with me when I tried it many moons ago!

Many of UU's features will crash on OpenJK because it's a different engine and UU relies on the memory layout of the engine being consistent. It could even lead to data loss if you're not careful.