[Request] models

* Hes talking about all those weird models that technically doesnt even belong to a game of Star Wars. For example I watched the Days of future past movie, but im not going to make a request for the whole x-men characters, since this is not the proper game to have these characters,  Magneto wielding a lightsaber... Instead if I want to play as Magneto then i should play the proper X-Men game. If I want to play as Vegeta (Vegeta with a lightsaber? no thankz) then I should play a Dragon Ball game, if i like superman then i should get a Superman game and so on...

Circa and Darth Reborn like this

Well...i just don't understand, its Star Wars game, right? Or i missing something? This is no place for american presidents, anime characters, Doctor Who's and another useless things.

I can think of one place his requests may fit. What happens if he's making a single player map and wanted to use Obama or Lincoln as a gag in the level. Like you take a left turn in a dark ventilation shaft and fall into a room that is designed like the white house briefing room and he's at the podium giving a speech or something. If it was a Taft model the podium would have to be a bit larger, but, you get the idea.

Well...i just don't understand, its Star Wars game, right? Or i missing something? This is no place for american presidents, anime characters, Doctor Who's and another useless things.

If you want to play as a joke model, nobody is going to stop you.  If you want to request non-starwars models, your chances of that request being fulfilled decreases, but who knows you might find some cook who enjoys cooky models.  Like that shark fellow: http://jkhub.org/topic/4054-some-model-requests/

Boothand and therfiles like this

JKG Developer

* They still dont fit though. The whole point is about this kind of characters are totally out of place (or galaxy) here. Like if you play as Grievous in Grand Theft Auto, use Sidious in Mortal Kombat or Vader in God Of War. If any the type of characters who could fit here are the yautja and the xenomorph, or any character from star trek, far scape, battlestar galactica and some others from the same kind of sci fi stuff.

Edit: And that shark model is simply... If i want to play as a shark then i should get the jaws game where you are a real shark killing surfist and eating any kind of marine creatures on the sea:

I fraking love this game by the way: hunting and eat dogs, dolphins, turtles, whales and crocodriles is very funny

I'm surprised to see such a disregard for requests that go outside the Star Wars universe. While true, he didn't bother making it look like he wanted those models, it shouldn't be a problem to pursue things that don't "belong". Heck, if I was limited to the Star Wars-theme, I would never mod for this game (I'm sure someone has realized by now, I only make non-Star Wars stuff... and quite fascinated by animals). I don't even play Jedi Academy :P The only thing that keeps me here is knowing that it's possible to make almost anything, and that you can sort of unleash your fantasy into a game with lightsabers and with devoted players.

In any case, I agree with Darth Futuza, this is about the likeliness of the request being fulfilled, since there is much less common ground with the rest of the players when it comes to non-Star Wars models. But I would never discourage someone to pursue something that doesn't "belong" in the game. That's what the freedom of modding is all about for me.

If you (common you) do not want to make the requested models, then why to even reply? Everyone has different tastes. All I see is people started shitting on the TS's request and tell him how2request. Very disrespectful. Please, stop, people.

If someone likes the TS's ideas, then they will make it. If no, then none will.

Even if he wasn't serious about it, you still cannot be sure about it, and it's not a reason to act worse. Respect other people's feelings.

Rhetorical question to the guys who was telling the TS how2request: have you ever created any worth-playing model, or just any model?

Barricade24 and therfiles like this

* They still dont fit though. The whole point is about this kind of characters are totally out of place (or galaxy) here. Like if you play as Grievous in Grand Theft Auto, use Sidious in Mortal Kombat or Vader in God Of War. If any the type of characters who could fit here are the yautja and the xenomorph, or any character from star trek, far scape, battlestar galactica and some others from the same kind of sci fi stuff.

Edit: And that shark model is simply... If i want to play as a shark then i should get the jaws game where you are a real shark killing surfist and eating any kind of marine creatures on the sea:

I fraking love this game by the way: hunting and eat dogs, dolphins, turtles, whales and crocodriles is very funny

First, that shark game looks awesome.

2nd, wut?  Not everyone cares about immersion-like you seem to do.  If I want to walk around as a lightsaber wielding shark, I'll darn well do that, and you can keep your whining about my personal fetishes to yourself.  Furthermore, why do you even care? even if you are playing with me, I'll just look like Kyle.

Bane_Ross likes this

JKG Developer

• 2 weeks later...