I don't suppose... (Texture issues)

I don't suppose there's an easier way of trying to texture the base Boba model without having everything just be a mirror image of the other side? I wanted to add some wear marks and such, but I have no way of doing so since so many of his textures are just mirrored onto the other half of the model.

Anything I can do short of completely starting UV mapping etc. from scratch?

If that's the case, you could try reskinning NeoMarz1's Jango Fett and edit the colours to represent Boba?

He made a Boba model too. ;)

Yes I'm well aware of that and I will probably use that model for my purposes as well, but I'd really like to be able to do so on the base skin.

Not without editing the model. When the model is made, the modeller chooses how the texture is applied to it. If he decides to make it mirrored, then you are stuck with that.

Edited by MUG

He made a Boba model too. ;)

Yes I'm well aware of that and I will probably use that model for my purposes as well, but I'd really like to be able to do so on the base skin.

I know :P but his Jango model is far better quality

Edited by SiLink

When you say editing the model, in what way? Wouldn't I just have to uvmap it in a different way? I don't know anything about models, mind you.

No, you would have to completely re-rig it.

Well, assuming that new importer gets released, you wouldn't need to re-rig it.

My importer for 3DS max imports everything. Here's a screenshot from an early version:

glmimport5.jpg

Tested it on the NDA red dragon model. Of which I only had the pk3 file. Keep in mind that the above shows an early implementation, and current version shows the bones in a more familiar form.

Combined with the exporter it could easily solve the mirrored UW's issue on the Boba model.

Since there's so much enthusiasm about it here, I'll try and get a v1 release of the importer/exporter duo ready. I should be able to offer it for 32 and 64 bit versions for 3DS Max 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Inyri, Link, MUG and 1 other like this

As long as you understand that by everything I mean everything to do with the GLM. Which includes the rigging to the skeleton, but not the animations.

The animations will be in the GLA plugins I intend to create afterwards.

Scooper, I've waited a long time to tell you this...

But... But....

I love you.

MUG likes this