Overuse of tris, proportion inaccuracies & some UV stretching issues. But still, it's the only ones we have so can't complain too much.

When I'm modeling I stay away from tri's as much as i possibly can.  If i happen to make a tri then I'll spend as long as it takes to make it a quad or I just wont continue until i have.

Pauldrons don't look that hard to make really but, as stated, a new clone model would be ideal as well.  I've been considering making one myself but I'm too much of a perfectionist so I'm still trying to find good orthographic reference images/concept art.

I managed to get a few high detailed shots of the helmet from this guy on Youtube (I asked him to take specific pictures of it.) but alas they don't like up properly 100% which is a pain in the ass.

When I'm modeling I stay away from tri's as much as i possibly can.  If i happen to make a tri then I'll spend as long as it takes to make it a quad or I just wont continue until i have.

Pauldrons don't look that hard to make really but, as stated, a new clone model would be ideal as well.  I've been considering making one myself but I'm too much of a perfectionist so I'm still trying to find good orthographic reference images/concept art.

I managed to get a few high detailed shots of the helmet from this guy on Youtube (I asked him to take specific pictures of it.) but alas they don't like up properly 100% which is a pain in the ass.

so would you collaborate with me on this ? if so I'd say we look for a third one and get started then

Circa likes this

You should get a base mesh going that everyone involved agrees on, then add armor to it.

You don't need to make sure game ready models have just quads. You can include a few triangles for optimisation, so long as you keep the flow clean. If you're making a high poly model, then yeah you don't generally want any triangles.

Anyways, I said tris because the game deals with tris. :P

CaptainCrazy likes this
  • 2 months later...