Jedi Knight Rewards

Go to solution Solved by ent,

tl;dr version: please, help me find cool Star Wars images to create rewards for JO and JA.

Hi, guys.

Some of you probably know, some don't, but there is a way to get rewards in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. They come from Quake III Arena. They are disabled in the game code by default. But they are unlocked in some client mods like smod, ja++, jaMME or joMME.

The problem is both JK games don't have assets for them. And I decided to start making my own and keep them close to original Q3A theme. So what I currently have:

rElvKR5.png

Reward names from left to right: Capture, Defence, Assist, Impressive, Humiliation, Excellent.

Original rewards are shown on top. Then my remakes on 2nd string, and "base" images for them. There are currently only Capture and Defence.

So I came here to ask you, guys, help me find interesting images to complete JK rewards. Images must be Star Wars related.

I know many of you know a lot of interesting sources with some art of Star Wars, so maybe you could suggest me some interesting sites with cool icons which I can base my rewards on.

Also feel free to criticize my 2 already created icons, maybe they should look another.

Additional info about every reward:

Capture - you captured your flag in CTF game mode.

Defence - you killed an enemy nearby your flag in CTF game mode.

Assist - you killed an enemy flag carrier and your teammate captured the flag just after that in CTF game mode.

Impressive - you hit two times in a row with Disruptor.

Humiliation - you killed someone with Stun Baton (and lightsaber too? I don't remember).

Excellent - you killed two enemies in a row (time difference is 2 or less seconds).

How it currently works with Q3A assets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rs1j6mm0njqjky3/excellent%21%21.mp4

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: optionally someone can record voiced version too since rewards in Q3A are image+sound. Would be awesome too.

P.P.S.: possible to embed a video from dropbox?

@@ent

You should check other (SW) games for ideas.

For instance, look here.

See the section titled "Gameplay", there are various aspects, which might include icons.

Below is the example of various items from Star Wars: Galaxies, which are not icons per se, but can serve as an inspiration for you.

Inventory.jpg

ent likes this

@@ent

You should check other (SW) games for ideas.

For instance, look here.

See the section titled "Gameplay", there are various aspects, which might include icons.

Below is the example of various items from Star Wars: Galaxies, which are not icons per se, but can serve as an inspiration for you.

Inventory.jpg

People still play star wars Galaxies? :D

@@Lord Spook

Well, the game was shut down several years ago, but we can say that it still lives, because you can find quite a lot of videos related to the game. More than that there are a lot of websites and fan clubs, as well as just people who feel nostalgic about this game. So that leaves a lot of material on SW Galaxies, which somehow survives as a legend at least. And thus @@ent can use that for his own new ideas. =)

By the way, @@ent, you might like to make the first icon of Empire/Rebels logo divided vertically instead of 45 degrees. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! It crashed my Corel Draw x]

Almost good convertion: http://yourscr.com/c1a3283bed19006eaa07f25725e54a38.png

Eh, I cannot make it working... Could you save in another format? Maybe AI?

Grip and lightning would require server modification, all rewards are counted on server side and sent to clients. I doubt he will since he did not want to enable impressive/excellent/humiliation, and replaced them with other ones.

Grab likes this

Expecting this as the Assist reward, because Vader assisted Luke to kill Palpatine.

I can use it, yes? I will use same colours as q3 Assist reward has.

Is it ok? Any suggestions?

What reward should it be then?

@Grab already made Humiliation, so Impressive and Excellent are left if yours is counted as Assist.

As I told above rodian head would be probably cool in Impressive reward since they were the ones who were always sniping you in Jedi Outcast. x] Try this?

What reward should it be then?

@Grab already made Humiliation, so Impressive and Excellent are left if yours is counted as Assist.

As I told above rodian head would be probably cool in Impressive reward since they were the ones who were always sniping you in Jedi Outcast. x] Try this?

I'll work on that then :winkthumb:

@@ent, how about something like this?  I replaced its "hair" with the crest of a Roman helmet to make it look kinda cooler xD

Sniper_zpsa55e0afb.jpg