Keep up the good work!

I've been looking for an easy way to create cinematic JKA movies for a long long time. I've used PUGMOD in the past, and whilst I could use it I never felt like I was actually in full control of it  :lol: .

This mod is fantastic and has definitely renewed my interest in the game, so for that I thank you.

I'm still learning the features, I think I understand Chase, Camera and Timeline modes now. I'm in the process of learning about DOF and motion blur but struggling so you may get a few rookie questions about it (so forgive me in advance!)

Here is a movie I made whilst testing out your mod, any technical tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. (It's a slightly melodramatic video but that's ok, because it's not claiming not to be!) ^_^

Thanks again

Grav 

ent and Omicron like this

Little offtop: you won't believe but I found your video before this topic. Today I wanted to find if people posted anything jaMME related on the internet, so I googled it and found your recent post on JAWA. :)

I am very glad that people use the mod and make more cool videos.

Your video is nice. Feel free to ask any question.

Tips:

- use anti-aliasing (or higher resolution, but AA is adviced), since your video is slow, "sharky" edges are rather visible

- try to use built-in post process - dynamic glow

Maybe something else, but I cannot think of anything more right now. I will update list if something new visits my mind.

Wouldn't worry about it Cap', you're not the target audience.

@@ent, again sorry if this is a bit of a rookie question... Depth of Field, I just can't seem to get it to work? Is it only applied at the rendering/capture stage?

I've set mme_depthfocus 4000 and mme_depthrange 2000 and just don't see any difference (inc. when rendering) Are these the only commands I need to use to activate DOF?

Sorry for the double post, not sure you'll see this otherwise.

Is it possible to animate the depth of field? So like pull focus from the back of the shot to the front?

Grav

Sorry for the double post, not sure you'll see this otherwise.

Is it possible to animate the depth of field? So like pull focus from the back of the shot to the front?

Grav

You might be able to do this in the editing software. Perhaps you could make the mask gradually switch from its inverted colors to its default colors, which in turn would invert the mask and gradually fade it to its default.

• 2 weeks later...

So can you take screenshots in jaMME with the dof and motionblur, without having to export it all as frames?

Yes, output (either video or screenshots) can have motion blur and depth of field together, without post-editing requirement. The screenshot above is what the mod captured. No editing. (The screenshot doesn't contain motion blur though.)

Omicron likes this