Missions and Scripts

I'd like to get more of an in-depth discussion on the missions we are adding and potentially changing for JKA.

Would @@therfiles and @@Rage still be interesting in this? I'd still like to implement the existing level Rage has been working on.

Now that we have a new focus, perhaps we can come up with new missions. I may go back to the old thread to see what we came up with before.

therfiles and BruceJohnJenner like this

I would say to add a whole new tier, rather than more missions to the existing ones, and maybe spread out/increase the number of the existing missions so that there is a mix of improved base missions and new ones in each tier.

z3filus likes this

Were you hoping to add more missions to the original tiers? I have a thought as to how we can change the tier menu to make that work.

Well that's something I want opinions on. Adding to the original tiers would be more realistic since we'd only need 3 new missions. If we do a new tier, we'll need, what, like 6 missions? Including one that goes along with the main story.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a WIP map that I could potentially make into a new JKA level...

That'd be cool!

It'd be great to have a mission or two to make the story feel more complete. I'm also wanting to maybe change some of the current missions a bit if that's possible.

therfiles likes this

Sure...we could tweak some scripts to change some things up.

How would these new missions contribute to the story? Any ideas?

I have some small ideas that I need to type out and put together properly. A few people came up with some ideas in the old thread for the Gold Pack that I may reference. Perhaps you could help me out with that?

Sure, my nick on skype is raagee1, though I'm not online there often. But you can contact me here at any time :)

Regarding the story, I think it's not a problem to change it, at least not for the mission I started to make, as it's still at the beginning of mapping.

Circa likes this
  • 7 months later...

Anything new with new levels? I was thinking that if I fix the vehicles up a bit more in SP siege_destroyer could be made into a level. @@Pande's dotf could form the basis for a nice naboo level too?

All my assets are available at request! Would love to see any use.

Circa likes this

Just a thought I had recently,

A really cool idea for a new mission would be to set it up so the player has no weapons (kinda like dosuun), but there are no weapons scattered throughout the level to pick up, only the melee enabled at the start using the iknowkungfu command. The player is stranded on some backwater planet with some awful person that wants to kill them, (because reasons) and has some sort of weapon (probably something in between a E-11 and the disruptor?).

The core idea of the level would be that the player jumps from cover to cover in order to avoid their opponents fire, and has to dart in and out to kick/punch their opponent in order to defeat them. I would love to create the map, but I dont think I have enough experience to make it good enough just yet. Maybe sometime this summer, if that isnt too late?

@@Oobah I just played through your Massassi Temple map in depth and it is really good. It would be perfect for SP mission. Would you be interested in joining the team here and making some maps for SP missions?

I had the same idea, rewrite a few of the .menu files to make the Massassi temple map into a hub for SP, but he wasnt into it when I asked him. He might be more interested with the offer coming from a large project though, so who knows...

Circa likes this

It would be nice to include atleast 1 map in the SP storyline, where you're not even given the possibility of killing anyone.  A possible 'force_mindtrick' scene could be made with a trigger activated sound
that would at the same time activate a simple A to B path for 2 troopers, you know, the typical " what was that?" - walk walk - " guess it was nothing"  ...allowing the player to sneak trough a door.

1.  a more simple and interesting, for gameplay, would be stormtroopers patrolling a large area, so you'd have to actually sneak.
  2.  even more simple; no npc's at all. Just a classic obstacle course kind of map, with force activated doors and elevator shafts to climb.
BruceJohnJenner and Circa like this

Now, I'm a huge fan of RPG's and cumulative/optional progression so keep that in mind as you read this - it might need to be toned down.

JKA already has force power selection, lightsaber construction, and character customization. I'd like to see a "hub" style map, a main base so to speak. Perhaps the academy? In this base the results of your missions would be shown. Rescue a Jedi? They're in your base, doing stuff.Save that R4 unit? He's toodling around doing droid stuffs. Missions might also earn monetary rewards that automagically upgrade the academy... new tech, better defenses. 

Culmination? Imperial remnant attacks. The more you've improved the base the better your defenses are. Force fields, turrets, soldiers, droids to repair broken defenses.

Circa likes this