What's Your Favorite Star Wars Film?

Circa

What's Your Favorite Star Wars Film?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Star Wars Film?

• Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    • Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    • Episode IV: A New Hope
    • Episode V: Empire Strikes Back
    • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

TPM is the one I watched most cause of the saber fights followed by RotS. But with getting older I became more of a fan of  ESB and RotJ. Those saber fights in the new movies are still some of my favourite SW-moments though.

Circa likes this

I voted for Empire Strikes Back.

I liked that the Empire had the upper hand in the movie, for the most part. We found out that Darth Vader had a boss and that glimpse of him without his helmet on was pretty neat. The movie also showed a bit more how the Empire worked, or didn't in Ozzel and Needa's cases. Personally, I always liked the shots on the star destroyers bridges especially when Darth Vader would walk by and those guys in the pit would be all panicked looking. 

The humor was good, too. You could see that with all the incidents between R2 and/or C3po throughout the movie. Even Yoda was fun for a bit. He must have been a trip until the Jedi got a hold of him. 

It ended with Luke finding out Vader is his father, Han is taken by Boba Fett, and the Alliance is regrouping. Kind of a downer but I think that is what made this movie the best. 

Jeff, therfiles and Onysfx like this

Hmm tough one really....

I loved EP4 onwards because them movies had this feel where you really wanted to be part of the Star Wars universe, it was more gritty and "rustic."  I'd much rather be part of this era than the prequel era for this reason

However i like the prequels because they introduced us to a younger Obi-Wan and really helped us to understand this character a lot more.  For me i only really cared about the character arc of Obi-Wan and Palpatine in the prequels, was never really a fan of Anakin but i did like his dueling skills.

I'm going to go neutral and say Attack of the Clones because it also spawned The Clone Wars which i also enjoy and sometimes think that it is better than the prequels because they have more time to show how the characters develop.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Personally, I didn't like the Ewoks, but Jabbas Palace, the fights on the Skiffs, the battle with the entire Imperial Fleet and the redemption of Vader makes the movie worth it and enjoyable. Personally, this was the best Star Wars movie because I had just finished The Empire Stricks back and felt really sad that Han Solo "Died." (I was 6 at the time.)

Circa and Futuza like this

First Star Wars movie I can recall seeing was the phantom menace, but I might have seen episodes 4-6 before it, but I was only 6 at the time when I saw TPM, so I'm not sure.

I voted for TPM mainly because of qui gon. Epic jedi, so chill and kind about everything. And then he got stabbed :(.

ent likes this

It's really hard to choose... they all have their good and bad parts to them. As far as storyline and cinematic integrity it would probably be ESB, but I've always preferred the sequels, not just because that was my generations Star Wars saga but because I love the universe... the clones, the focus on Coruscant, Jango, Zam, all the EU surrounding the prequels...

... ugh, I can't choose. I just can't.

Onysfx, ent, Circa and 1 other like this