Errors with JA plus and also a weird display issue with JKA

First - for some random reason now that I play JKA, it doesn't take up the full screen. It's stuck on the left side of the screen and is much smaller. In the long run, it's nothing huge. I can still play and see everything. It's not stretched out or anything. But why does it suddenly not take up the whole screen? I tried most of the F buttons, but it doesn't switch to full screen.

Second - the bigger question - my JA plus suddenly stopped working well. I can load it fine, but I can't play any solo games nor can I even connect to any server. However, when I play normal JKA, everything is fine. I can create a solo game, I can play online with others. I have no idea why JA plus suddenly started doing this. I looked in my Lucasarts folder and see all this crap I must have downloaded throughout. Maybe it's interferring somehow? I have to go back and figure out exactly what else I threw in there. It looks like I tried to install other mods too. But as for specific issues with JA plus:

-When I try to connect to a server it says "Awaiting connect. . ." and I wait SO LONG. It never actually connects.

-When I try to "create a game" the MP console stops at waiting for heartbeat. Sometimes other stuff appears after that. But like the above issue, it never actually starts up.

-When I try to play a "solo game", it just sends me back to the main menu. It's a weird issue. I click on "begin" to start up but it just sends me straight to the main menu.

Again, NONE of this happens when I DON'T use JA plus. (Except the weird display issue I described first. That happens anytime now that I play JKA)

First - for some random reason now that I play JKA, it doesn't take up the full screen. It's stuck on the left side of the screen and is much smaller. In the long run, it's nothing huge. I can still play and see everything. It's not stretched out or anything. But why does it suddenly not take up the whole screen? I tried most of the F buttons, but it doesn't switch to full screen.

This might be a dumb question, but did you set the resolution of your monitor in the video settings?

Second - the bigger question - my JA plus suddenly stopped working well. I can load it fine, but I can't play any solo games nor can I even connect to any server. However, when I play normal JKA, everything is fine. I can create a solo game, I can play online with others. I have no idea why JA plus suddenly started doing this. I looked in my Lucasarts folder and see all this crap I must have downloaded throughout. Maybe it's interferring somehow? I have to go back and figure out exactly what else I threw in there. It looks like I tried to install other mods too. But as for specific issues with JA plus:

-When I try to connect to a server it says "Awaiting connect. . ." and I wait SO LONG. It never actually connects.

-When I try to "create a game" the MP console stops at waiting for heartbeat. Sometimes other stuff appears after that. But like the above issue, it never actually starts up.

-When I try to play a "solo game", it just sends me back to the main menu. It's a weird issue. I click on "begin" to start up but it just sends me straight to the main menu.

Again, NONE of this happens when I DON'T use JA plus. (Except the weird display issue I described first. That happens anytime now that I play JKA)

I believe I may be of assistance, for full screen go to setup > video > full screen: On

as for japlus try reinstalling it.

Sounds like a driver or monitor issue. Make sure you're running at your native resolution.

Does this happen on every server? It could be that the server you're trying to connect to is being attacked.

That's intended behaviour. "Create a game" defaults to running a dedicated server accessible over LAN, thus it won't actually run the client.

That could be an issue with a mod you have. Check the console when this happens, it may be giving you a warning or error message there.

Sounds like a driver or monitor issue. Make sure you're running at your native resolution.

Does this happen on every server? It could be that the server you're trying to connect to is being attacked.

That's intended behaviour. "Create a game" defaults to running a dedicated server accessible over LAN, thus it won't actually run the client.

That could be an issue with a mod you have. Check the console when this happens, it may be giving you a warning or error message there.

Yes, it happens on every server. I tried like 10 servers. I think it's safe to assume it happens for each one.

For the MP console thing - I don't get it though - I used to "create a game" all the time when I just wanted to check out a level by myself that I recently downloaded. Now it's just stalling at the console and not going anywhere.

The funny thing is there is no error message on the console. I scroll up and down and it seems like everything is fine. Nothing is saying anything's wrong. It just stops.

When doing "Create a Game", it hasn't "stopped", it's running a server. If you connect to it, or add a bot you'll see things are happening.

I meant to check the console after getting kicked back to the menu when doing 'Solo Game'

Okay so with the screen issue, I trued going to setup and it's already on full screen. Maybe I need to check the resolution my computer is running in. Although I never ever changed it once. But I'll look into it.

There's several folders in my "GameData" folder and I'm hesitant to throw them out because I don't remember what they are. Maybe someone can recognize what these things stand for. I assume they are mods.

"RoA"

"MBII"

"jenovamod"

"FFA" - isn't that Free For All? 

All these folder have the same three files: "cgamex86.dll", "jampconfig.cfg" and "uix86.dll"

Try entering these commands in the console:

r_mode -1

r_customwidth "your screen resolution width in pixels here"

r_customheight "your screen width here"

vid_restart

The order doesn't matter for the first three, but vid_restart needs to be last (it restarts the game with applied video settings)

As for "Create Game" issue, go into Advanced and turn off Dedicated Server. This may also fix the issue with Solo games, I'm not sure.

You can remove or ignore those files in those folders. They show up because the game needs to extract the .dll files. As a side effect, they wind up in those games' folder. (Maybe moving the DLLs out of the asset PK3 and into base folder might prevent that?)

I don't know much about JKA problems, but it sounds like you have somesort of confliction between the game and a mod or mods. But to be sure, make sure your game is fully patched. Also your firewall could be restricting your connection. If push comes to shove you can uninstall Jedi Academy, just backup the skins you know work. Also it helps to delete your mod folders like JAPlus and reinstall them.

PS: What OS are you using?