Cato Neimoidia map

There really doesn't seem to be much neimoidian content in general... There's a gunray/rune/holographic neimoidian skin that was part of a much larger mod but not released on its own, I found a few traces of a neimoidian guard on moddb but no downloads or anything... and saddest of all, no maps of that beautiful arch city. If I ever find any I'll try and share the news.

I planned on making the cities as shown for a brief moment in Revenge of the Sith.

I am so glad you included the picture, I was trying to rack my brain remembering. It matches the Force Unleashed II content better than I expected it would.

120100607101711.jpg

Wow, that seems a bit more upside down than the version showed in Revenge of the Sith.  I'd still be able to make a map of it though.  My recent maps are relatively high quality, but I never release them to the public, although if I do make a Neimoidia map, I will release it

Jeff likes this

Yeah, I do find it interesting the various depictions have the bridge cities in different orientations. I took some reference pics in case they would be helpful getting textures down and such.

What are the rules regarding skyboxes? I know you can't port anything from games, but do screenshots used in the making of skyboxes count since you would have to calibrate them into Jedi Academy?

Anyhow, onto the pics:

32500_2014-04-17_00001.png

32500_2014-04-17_00006.png

32500_2014-04-17_00012.png

32500_2014-04-17_00014.png

32500_2014-04-17_00011.png

32500_2014-04-17_00009.png

32500_2014-04-17_00007.png

32500_2014-04-17_00004.png

As much as I dislike TFU 2, I appraise the developers for creating the Neimodian homeworld pretty much detailed, with furniture, statues and paintings showing their culture and former glory of the Trade Federation.

I saw some Neimodian models for Episode I, in a mod, I think. Also some people posted newer and better models of Rune Haako somewhere on moddb.com. I also saw a shuttle of the Trade Federation.

So far, not too much material on these, unfortunately. We only have the battle droids, droidekas, some transport and several maps depicting the original Trade Federation ship from Episode I.

JAWSFreelao likes this

As much as I dislike TFU 2, I appraise the developers for creating the Neimodian homeworld pretty much detailed, with furniture, statues and paintings showing their culture and former glory of the Trade Federation.

I saw some Neimodian models for Episode I, in a mod, I think. Also some people posted newer and better models of Rune Haako somewhere on moddb.com. I also saw a shuttle of the Trade Federation.

So far, not too much material on these, unfortunately. We only have the battle droids, droidekas, some transport and several maps depicting the original Trade Federation ship from Episode I.

Wait, you saw a shuttle? Really? I need that so bad! Or do you mean the H shape landing transports?

There' a broken link to a neimoidan guard on moddb, the sort they depict as the statues in TFU but Id idn't see the improved Rune. So much to research!

What are the rules regarding skyboxes? I know you can't port anything from games, but do screenshots used in the making of skyboxes count since you would have to calibrate them into Jedi Academy?

I actually use very similar methods to make background features and skies as were used in Halo Reach and Halo 4.  I never actually use simple 6-image "skybox shaders", so my skies and backgrounds come out looking MUCH more realistic than the ones originally used in Jedi Academy.  Honestly, I can do anything for the sky and background, so if you provide pictures of how it should look, I can create it.

I actually use very similar methods to make background features and skies as were used in Halo Reach and Halo 4.  I never actually use simple 6-image "skybox shaders", so my skies and backgrounds come out looking MUCH more realistic than the ones originally used in Jedi Academy.  Honestly, I can do anything for the sky and background, so if you provide pictures of how it should look, I can create it.

Oh good... I'm glad. This planet has some pretty scenic backdrops.

Alright, I took some more reference pictures for consideration with skyboxes and such.

32500_2014-04-17_00042.png

Directly beyond the city seems to be more small mountains and then more bridge cities in the distance.

32500_2014-04-17_00044.png

32500_2014-04-17_00038.png

Many of the bridge cities seem to emulate the natural rock arches.

32500_2014-04-17_00033.png

Very open architecture.

32500_2014-04-17_00030.png

I thought that skyboxes might be used to give the illusion of the bridge city continuing on past the end of the map, in which case the architecture could come in handy.

32500_2014-04-17_00032.png

More views of the continuing city.

32500_2014-04-17_00026.png

I really like the look of having another bridge city near by on one side, almost like a mirror to give what you're standing in scope.

32500_2014-04-17_00024.png

More views of the distant peaks.

32500_2014-04-17_00016.png

32500_2014-04-17_00020.png32500_2014-04-17_00015.png

And beneath is a foggy void.

@

No, it was the actual Neimodian Shuttle. It seems it is called Sheathipede-class transport shuttle.

150px-Neimoidianshuttle_negvv.jpg

I am also looking into finding the screenshot of the model in JA, and as soon as I find them, I'll post it here as well. There was a video, showing it could be used as a vehicle in game. But it hasn't been released yet.

• 1 month later...

Anyone still interested in that Cato Neimoidia map?  I haven't really been able to work on it much yet, I've been really busy lately...  I'm still working on the textures right now.

No matter how long it takes, I don't suspect I will cease being interested in this map. Thank you for continuing your efforts, no matter the speed.