Web server list

It did, Cat was making it but its gone now.  I think he lost the source.  But I don't think he actually put it on the actual master.jkhub.org location.

??????????????????

edit:

Oh, it's offtopic. I came here and saw new post, i thought finally feedback. LOL.

Webserver list doesn't require any program installed (besides jkaconnect - simple plugin), works with every browser, is cleaner, is simplier. I guess we won't work on this since it's not needed anyway.

I just wrote a letter about this to the staff. I haven't found this topic earlier.

It would be a great idea to create an API for getting server list. Most of the hosting companies block the non-standard ports, so It's almost impossible to get server list. I have created a site, that can get these datas from masterjk3 and jkhub, and it works with protocol 25 and 26 also, but now it runs on my local computer only, when my computer is turned on.

Also, I don't think that it can even help others to ddos servers. If they want to ddos servers, then they ask the server list from the masters themself. It's not that big deal. Everyone can get the IP-s from master by sending getservers %PROTOCOL% to masterjk3.ravensoft.com or master.jkhub.org, so I don't think that it will help them to attack in any case.

But it is a good idea to cache the response for 30-60 seconds in database, because php sockets are too slow. You have to get the serverlist first, then iterate on the list of the ip addresses, and create new socket request on each. It takes really long time. And also it is good for security reason also.

• 8 months later...