Web server list

Hello JKHub!

I'm here to throw an idea!

The idea:

Server list with Mod/Gamemode filtering + support jkhub's and raven's master server + connect app:

LoU recently made small app that registers URL handler for my MBII Server List, you just click the server you want connect to and game is launched and you are connecting to the server, with jamp and openjk support!

Having full JKA/JK2 server list on JKHub would be nice, not to mention how useful it will become when raven's master server will go temporary or permanently down.

What do you think?

//forced to make this topic by LoU, just because I'm the creator of the weblist :C

A few years back, someone went on GameTracker and subsequently DDOSed every server on the list. This was accomplished by forcing GameTracker to refresh server data for all JA servers. Of course, the situation is different, but I'm not certain on it. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me on the subject can speak on it (security isn't my forté)

Afaik we will use MySQL Database to increase security for that matter.

Update script will be executed only from specific IP (webhost's), and let's say every few minutes it will send requests to master.jkhub and master.jk3 and then  update database.

People won't be able to use refresh on demand (or they will be able to do so with specific restrictions - e.g. once every 24/h), anyway they will get cached info from database :)

Let's wait for jack, he is responsible for this more than i am, and he will provide us more up-to-date info about it.

edit: AFAIK only owners of certain server can use live refresh on GT, users have to wait for autorefresh. 

There exists a page within http://master.jkhub.org which is the server listing for JKH master server. /me pokes @@Didz

I have a mixed opinion of this. On the one hand, it's incredibly useful, but on the other, a situation such as the GameTracker problem a few years back could arise from this.

By your first sentence, you probably mean jacklul's already existing server list for JKHub Master Server which isn't hosted by me.

And on the second one, I think that the GameTracker issue was just an easy way for bots to grab server hosts from many different Q3-protocol based games in order to spam getstatus at them with a spoofed IP address to flood a target. I don't think it was related to any on-demand refreshing feature that GameTracker used.

By your first sentence, you probably mean jacklul's already existing server list for JKHub Master Server which isn't hosted by me.

And on the second one, I think that the GameTracker issue was just an easy way for bots to grab server hosts from many different Q3-protocol based games in order to spam getstatus at them with a spoofed IP address to flood a target. I don't think it was related to any on-demand refreshing feature that GameTracker used.

Now i understand. It's still possible to do such a thing with GT, i will talk to jack and we will try to figure this out.

Now i understand. It's still possible to do such a thing with GT, i will talk to jack and we will try to figure this out.

Don't bother :P A bot can already just make a list of master servers and interact with them over UDP directly. A web list doesn't make it easier for them.

Oka ;)

Still we would like to get some feedback from potential users. How they see it, are they going to use it, and if so, what options should we imlement, how this list should look like.

We really would like to cooperate with community itself, making some good stuff for them, since we have access to source code, community of jk2/3 should grow :) (dreamer, but im not the only one)

If this small 'project' would get some interest we can work with You guys, and i think adding this site to JKHub bar also could be a good idea:

JKHub founder launches web hosting company◄►Groups Mods People Resources Servers List

Circa likes this

Yes, thank you for the clarification. :) I was thinking of JKG's old server list.

@@LoU: server list would be fine under Resources I think

Yes, thank you for the clarification. :) I was thinking of JKG's old server list.

@@LoU: server list would be fine under Resources I think

It's up to You, but imho it could get at least some promo for a week :D That was only an idea, for now we will wait for some feedback.

Is it possible to use your subdomain and hosting if there will be some interest in this? (

I was mistaken