My recent skin attempts

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure on 100% if this can help, but you can try to select only the cape of the model (the one in purple color on your screenshot) enter Weight Paint menu (it's just the same place as the edit mode),  select WIREFRAME so you can see only the selected object (it will be colored in blue now) and click on the "Limit selection to visible (clipped with depth buffer) > so you can see every dot/triangle from the cape and color it to RED with "weight paint" (this is a must option, because it will color every part in red and you won't miss anything). Than go back to Object Mode / Texture and it must load it (if not) I guess the cape will be in white so just open the texture for the cape (example: cape_vader.jpg) and drag it with the mouse from your folder inside blender over the cape it will cover it. 

Not sure on 100% if this can help, but you can try to select only the cape of the model (the one in purple color on your screenshot) enter Weight Paint menu (it's just the same place as the edit mode),  select WIREFRAME so you can see only the selected object (it will be colored in blue now) and click on the "Limit selection to visible (clipped with depth buffer) > so you can see every dot/triangle from the cape and color it to RED with "weight paint" (this is a must option, because it will color every part in red and you won't miss anything). Than go back to Object Mode / Texture and it must load it (if not) I guess the cape will be in white so just open the texture for the cape (example: cape_vader.jpg) and drag it with the mouse from your folder inside blender over the cape it will cover it. 

I don't understand sry, and i'm trying to fix the cloth straps and not the cape. :)

01. Select Cloth (Purple object from your screenshot)

02. Go to "OBJECT MODE (it has a yellow-ish box icon). Click on it and select the 5th menu from bottom to top it should say "Weight Paint"

03. Go to next menu where you have a BALL in red squares that says "TEXTURE" (from the ViewPort Shading) ----> Select "WIREFRAME"

04. Now the purple object from your screenshot is going to be BLUE.

05. Click and hold LEFT Mouse button and move it around the cloth. 

06. Cloth is going to be RED now. (that means it is weighted and the textures might work)

07. LOAD the textures

08. IF DOESN'T WORK: Open your "gamedata/base/models/players/XYZ" folder (the one where your model is located)

09. Go to the TEXTURE image (for example we will use Darth Vader) "CLOTH.JPG" (this is the picture of Darth Vader's CLOTH in .JPG format or .TGA or whatever you saved it as).

10. CLICK on the image and DRAG with your MOUSE INSIDE BLENDER.

11. DROP The image ON the Cloth (the object in PURPLE From your screenshot)

12. TA-DA, You have fixed it.

01. Select Cloth (Purple object from your screenshot)

02. Go to "OBJECT MODE (it has a yellow-ish box icon). Click on it and select the 5th menu from bottom to top it should say "Weight Paint"

03. Go to next menu where you have a BALL in red squares that says "TEXTURE" (from the ViewPort Shading) ----> Select "WIREFRAME"

04. Now the purple object from your screenshot is going to be BLUE.

05. Click and hold LEFT Mouse button and move it around the cloth. 

06. Cloth is going to be RED now. (that means it is weighted and the textures might work)

07. LOAD the textures

08. IF DOESN'T WORK: Open your "gamedata/base/models/players/XYZ" folder (the one where your model is located)

09. Go to the TEXTURE image (for example we will use Darth Vader) "CLOTH.JPG" (this is the picture of Darth Vader's CLOTH in .JPG format or .TGA or whatever you saved it as).

10. CLICK on the image and DRAG with your MOUSE INSIDE BLENDER.

11. DROP The image ON the Cloth (the object in PURPLE From your screenshot)

12. TA-DA, You have fixed it.

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind for other projects in the future, though i replaced the cloth meshes with another one for now. And now you have Discount Mandalore the Ultimate:

r0tCN7a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...