My recent skin attempts

I'm not a very talented skinner and texture maker, but i try my best. Here are two skins i made recently. One is based on Galen Marek wearing a desert outfit and the other is a young Rahm Kota. Also tried to make own lightsaber hilts and maps, that didn't work out well. :)

wd6pk578.jpg

2mnn6j9v.jpg

Looks epic, If you ever get the chance, could you make a attempt on Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars Rebels. The Jedi Trainer model looks JUST like him ahaha. 

Cannot wait to see some more of your work!

Revan skin is up now.

For version 2.0 i plan to include a ravaged version, like the one he wore in the new Rakata Flashpoint in SW:TOR. But i could need some help, regarding making torn/ripped robes. So far i know that i have to remove a few parts from the textures, but that the most important step is to make a shader file. So i'd really appreciate if someone could give me tips how to do that. :)

Revan skin is up now.

For version 2.0 i plan to include a ravaged version, like the one he wore in the new Rakata Flashpoint in SW:TOR. But i could need some help, regarding making torn/ripped robes. So far i know that i have to remove a few parts from the textures, but that the most important step is to make a shader file. So i'd really appreciate if someone could give me tips how to do that. :)

You could make his armor shiny a little to make it looking more metalic, when are you going to post that Palpatine by the way? He looks amazing!

Currently i'm planning on finishing my Revan skin, but for that i need to learn to create shaders. SP support and custom sounds are also possible.

But where i need assistance is as followed:

Make the armor look more metallic/shiny

Make a version where the robe is ripped/torn

Appreciate any help. :)

Bek likes this

I've had experience with both those elements. You can check out my files mainly being Skeletor since he has a ripped/torn flap and if you want I can give you the shader template for my blackhole since that one uses a nice metallic element. Others may have more specific elements of information they can give you but feel free to check out the shaders in some of my files if you want.

ShenLong Kazama likes this

I've had experience with both those elements. You can check out my files mainly being Skeletor since he has a ripped/torn flap and if you want I can give you the shader template for my blackhole since that one uses a nice metallic element. Others may have more specific elements of information they can give you but feel free to check out the shaders in some of my files if you want.

Okay i tried to make a shader which hides the selected parts of the robe, but it didn't work. The white parts should be invisible.

P9ezDB8.jpg

EDIT:

Nevermind, found the issue. Had to make the texture file .png format and not jpg. But how can i fix the white outlines?

8Uh7s0K.jpg

Okay i tried to make a shader which hides the selected parts of the robe, but it didn't work. The white parts should be invisible.

P9ezDB8.jpg

EDIT:

Nevermind, found the issue. Had to make the texture file .png format and not jpg. But how can i fix the white outlines?

8Uh7s0K.jpg

In this case you have one of two options:

First, you can edit what you already have and erase the white bits manually so that they will disappear as the way some images work, I assume you cleared by selecting the white and removing it. What you would want to do then is clean up the area around where you erased and the white bits should be gone.

Second, you can start over and save your file as a PNG the first time around. Be sure to erase the area you want and make sure you have the Alpha Channel Enable before you erase anything.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

It's likely that the white outline is from an area that only has slight alpha on it (eg, didn't use a hard edges brush to remove it). Try making a black layer under your texture, and see if you can see the white outline, then clean up the texture however much you need to

Barricade24 likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...