My recent skin attempts

Here is an update of the model, it have now LODs added :) (still will advise you to use OpenJK as the weapon Kazama ported is too high detailed for the game.
To spawn use: Npc spawn dap_Praetorian // or to play with use: Playermodel DAP_Praetorian.

Big thanks to @@The Punisher for teaching me how to make LODs

DAP_Praetorian (with LODs)

Edited by dark_apprentice

Almost 2 years ago somebody recommended me OpenJK as a fix to some issues I had. Since then, I only play with OpenJK and recommend it to anyone, especially if you play SP.

I've been tempted to use OpenJk but, admittedly, I use that old Knights Of The Force mod. For all its issues, it's so easy and simple to use and its got so many models, maps and NPCs. I keep telling myself I'm going to just spend a couple hours modding OpenJK to have all the stuff, but I just never have the time to do all that.

I've been tempted to use OpenJk but, admittedly, I use that old Knights Of The Force mod. For all its issues, it's so easy and simple to use and its got so many models, maps and NPCs. I keep telling myself I'm going to just spend a couple hours modding OpenJK to have all the stuff, but I just never have the time to do all that.

Why would you have to mod OpenJK? Just install it and run it. That should be it. If you are worried about any of your mods, move them to a temporary folder. Once you have OpenJK running start moving them back on by one and test it. Everything should be OK but if there are any issues, it will be easier to identify.

Why would you have to mod OpenJK? Just install it and run it. That should be it. If you are worried about any of your mods, move them to a temporary folder. Once you have OpenJK running start moving them back on by one and test it. Everything should be OK but if there are any issues, it will be easier to identify.

Mod it to get all the models and maps and stuff? I don't play MP at all, only SP. Spend most of my time setting up random duels or battles. KOTF comes with hundreds of models and it's spawning and loading menus are so useful. I also don't have the patience to make all the NPCs I'd need using the NPCTool. It's not that it's difficult, just time consuming.

Mod it to get all the models and maps and stuff? I don't play MP at all, only SP. Spend most of my time setting up random duels or battles. KOTF comes with hundreds of models and it's spawning and loading menus are so useful. I also don't have the patience to make all the NPCs I'd need using the NPCTool. It's not that it's difficult, just time consuming.

I don't play MP at all either, only SP and have no problems at all. Just start the OpenJK executable or add the parameter to load your mod. But this is derailing from the original post. If you have any questions about OpenJK, please post it in the OpenJK section.

I don't play MP at all either, only SP and have no problems at all. Just start the OpenJK executable or add the parameter to load your mod. But this is derailing from the original post. If you have any questions about OpenJK, please post it in the OpenJK section.

There is a Force Arena Praetorian Guard model available. You just have to download it from here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1164057222&searchtext=

Warning for a duplicated answer, out of topic and maybe a bit rude from me:

There is a Force Arena Praetorian Guard model available. You just have to download it from here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1164057222&searchtext=

For the last time, it is N---O---T .... A..model, from Force Arena. Force Arena = Mobile game with Low Polygon models (suitable for JKA), this Praetorian on steam is from game called ---> Find The Force AR Game. That same model by "Find The Force AR Game" that you see over at SteamCommunity is High polygon model (about 30+ verts if I am not wrong). The other one (original made Praetorian) is from "EA Battlefront 2 - 2017" that is even about 40+ verts (in simple words, as I already explained that many time already both models are not gonna make it as full ports in Jedi Academy, even if you have Open JK)

Please for now (until someone make it from scratch), feel free to have fun/play around/improve the Praetorian model ported by me, improved by Punisher and provided as kitbash from The Old Republic assets from Kazama as it is by far the most "minimal" model that JKA engine can handle I have included LODs that will improve your gaming experience with him, but because of the original port of his sword (around 7 or 9-K verts by Kazama) it might crash your game.

I am sorry for my tone, but lately this link is getting requested a lot and confused by many with a model from Force Arena (mobile game), that can't simply have models with higher polygon amount than a PC game such as JKA. If it was produced by Force Arena mobile team it would've been released from one of the guys in here already on their pages. 

Wasa, PreFXDesigns, Jeff and 1 other like this

Warning for a duplicated answer, out of topic and maybe a bit rude from me:

For the last time, it is N---O---T .... A..model, from Force Arena. Force Arena = Mobile game with Low Polygon models (suitable for JKA), this Praetorian on steam is from game called ---> Find The Force AR Game. That same model by "Find The Force AR Game" that you see over at SteamCommunity is High polygon model (about 30+ verts if I am not wrong). The other one (original made Praetorian) is from "EA Battlefront 2 - 2017" that is even about 40+ verts (in simple words, as I already explained that many time already both models are not gonna make it as full ports in Jedi Academy, even if you have Open JK)

Please for now (until someone make it from scratch), feel free to have fun/play around/improve the Praetorian model ported by me, improved by Punisher and provided as kitbash from The Old Republic assets from Kazama as it is by far the most "minimal" model that JKA engine can handle I have included LODs that will improve your gaming experience with him, but because of the original port of his sword (around 7 or 9-K verts by Kazama) it might crash your game.

I am sorry for my tone, but lately this link is getting requested a lot and confused by many with a model from Force Arena (mobile game), that can't simply have models with higher polygon amount than a PC game such as JKA. If it was produced by Force Arena mobile team it would've been released from one of the guys in here already on their pages. 

cfd64277a3d9d4eedf82351ae4d428eb.jpg

To respond to the part where you were actually talking to me: I posted a link to a model that is labelled as "Force Arena".

382453d60cb6aab15829aefeaf5bdd3b.png

I was also talking to The Punisher and not you @@dark_apprentice . It could perhaps give him some more reference for an updated model.

Now to respond to your re-post: I don't know why your post comes off as super defensive as if you're offended, which I don't see why, it's only a link, not advanced coding that will self destruct your PC when you click on it. :huh:

As above. People are not getting confused here. The model is labelled as "Force Arena". To any person, they would assume it is from Force Arena due to the title. You did provide information, but did not present it in a way that is very easy to read.

Please for now (until someone make it from scratch), feel free to have fun/play around/improve the Praetorian model ported by me

So what it's boiled down to is:

- Hey that user posted a link to a Guard model, that annoys me because that user should be using only  MY ported model, nothing else! ARGH!

- I can't be bothered to actually communicate so I'll re-post an older message that was a response to a totally different post. I have a good feeling about this!

- It has self promotion in it, so I'll get more downloads of MY ported model! Genius!

- I'll totally ignore the fact that this user might already KNOW that MY ported model exists, and I'll only believe that he's totally ignoring MY ported model! ARGH!

I appreciate you taking the time to help bring the model to JKA, kudos to you for that. But stop jumping down every person's throat who tries to also help out (not only talking about me here, your response is to another user which makes it even worse) - even if YOU don't see it that way. Other people may like how you act, but honestly I don't. It's very intoxicating.

I am already well aware of the concept of being unable to port high poly models (had lots of experience of this in the past here on JKHub) so I am sure that other users may know this also. If the person you was replying to didn't know this, then they certainly found out - but not in the best of ways. And apology accepted from me, I don't know about the other person who you originally responded to though.

PreFXDesigns likes this

I am only going to say, that you should pay more attention what is already requested out there on the forums and mostly pay attention to what people have already explained in few simple words. I am not offended by you or what you are requesting.

1. I just replied with very big capital letters, because I am tired of answering on different topics, the same answer for the same question only because people don't bother to read or even search it.

2. I am not going to continue because
a) This topic is of another user and we spam it with childish behaviour.
b) I do not want to start any stupid flame wars, with anyone in here. Whatever was intended was said before.

3. There are friendly options to search things, by words, usernames, tags and so on. Cheers!!

4. P.S. Next time I will make sure to point it out with pictures and important content circled around in a different color, maybe that way will be easy to understand.

Daedra, Omega, PreFXDesigns and 1 other like this

I have OpenJK is it a particular version?

No, if OpenJK does not solve a transform error you are out of Luck. The only thing left to try is that

You could use another weapon model with the character that crashes your game in hopes of getting to a level that the game can handle.

bigphil2695 likes this

My first full-fledged port, the AT-ACT Walker from Rogue One

tG2Ar0X.jpg

DL Link:   http://www.mediafire.com/file/zo3i4pp7iqd6upq/ATACT.pk3

It's not perfect but i think it's still good enough. :)

Credits

AT-AT Skeleton - Unknown (If you know the name of the person who made the skeleton let me know)

Jeff - Advice and support

Do you have the jungle variant of the AT-AT available? I would like to use that in my Escape Yavin IV remastered mod.

You're still working on that behind the scenes? Are you also working on giving Jaden voiced lines for that line, by any chance? The one thing that made the original a miss for me was that Jaden doesn't speak.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did, Its one of the things that is not finished because I'm no expert in sound editing, I'm trying to replicate the sounds from TCW to avoid any copyright issue, but if I fail on that, I may just try to release it with a cleaned rip taken from the serie.

btw, this is off topic I'll release it a soon as I finish it and get permission from Jose Carlos.

download please!