Problem with my router.

Greetings JKHub members.

I brought a router last year and i didn't tried it out until last week.

I set everything and it works, but I am having some problems with the signal.

On my room the router is less than 1 meter up to my computer wireless card adapter and I have this signal 

yL8Et8C.png

Also with my phone, when i go to my bed (more or less 3 meters from the router) i have like 25% of signal or less. And if i go out of my room i have less or nothing at all.

The router is a Blument net-002 when i brought it the person who sold it to me said that it was a good router.

It still guaranteed. 

What can i do? It is making me mad!

Could be a channel issue. Do you know much about router settings? You can read about WiFi channels here. You'll need to find one that doesn't interfere with other networks around you.

Although this is only a guess for what could be wrong. I'm sure other people could help out better than I.

Ye i tried multiple channels and it doesnt matter. Its so annoying but from what i asked it can be the router itself, it's a bad router. But I dont want to have signal 50 meters away from it just 15 meters as max lol xD

For me as I never heard of this brand its ''noname' router.

You might try setting different modes (g/b/n), setting WPA2-PSK (AES), disabling Wireless Isolation if such option exists. You might also want to verify how many networks spam you around (and which channels) - theres lots of apps for ios and android out there.

Hi,

You can check for other wireless SSIDs and channels they use with - InSSIDer.

If there is a lot of SSIDs using channel 2 then set channel 4 (+2 rule).

Try with 5ghz band.

Try with drivers update (network card)

If it's possible You can also try with upgrading router's firmware :)

btw. This is my first post here, and i would like to say that Anakin Skywalker is 'also' Luke's father(antibot question:P)

Circa and gerbilOFdoom like this

It can be the power, if it's a bad quality router or an old one it probably doesn't spread as much as the other you had.

In my case, a year ago I had the option to icnrease the signal power so it's greater and it reaches longer distances, because it was at a pretty low value by default.

If none of this works, buy a device to multiply the signal(Compra un repetidor, e ya problema solucionado).

Badboy likes this

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂