Master servers are going down on 31st of May 2014

But its one of the master servers. The only ones remaining now are ravensoft and qtracker. Once those 2 go down, arent we done for?

No, we have our own JKHub master server. And the gamespy masterserver isn't even used by JA to find games, it's only used by the GameSpy client, and to quote myself:

Who uses GameSpy anymore?

Evulant likes this

No, we have our own JKHub master server. And the gamespy masterserver isn't even used by JA to find games, it's only used by the GameSpy client, and to quote myself:

mrwonko thats fantastic, thanks for letting me know.

BUT, the server list in the jedi academy game => how would jkhub help there if ravensoft and qtracker goes down. dont ravensoft have to manually add jkhub to the serverlist somehow? (i dont know shit about tech so im sorry if i come across as a dumb child)

BUT, the server list in the jedi academy game => how would jkhub help there if ravensoft and qtracker goes down. dont ravensoft have to manually add jkhub to the serverlist somehow? (i dont know shit about tech so im sorry if i come across as a dumb child)

The masterserver to query is hardcoded in the client (jamp.exe), so any replacement for that can also change the masterserver(s). In short, just use OpenJK.

The masterserver to query is hardcoded in the client (jamp.exe), so any replacement for that can also change the masterserver(s). In short, just use OpenJK.

But what does this mean for people who buy the game from Steam or are entire newcomers and unaware of mods. Say Ravensoft and Qtracker dies => Then they wont see any servers, right? (Regardless of JKHub)