Pakscape error? :|

Go to solution Solved by ShenLong Kazama,

Pakscape isn't the most robust archive tool out there.

7-zip can create ZIP files, so all you need to do is change the extension from .zip to .pk3. 7-zip will open your .pk3 files as long as you set Windows to "Open With" 7-zip.

It won't open any pk3 files, so it's not a specific file unfortunately. So if this won't work, can i still create own pk3 files with 7-zip etc.?

Depending on your OS, it could be that the program hasn't the required permissions. Try running it as an administrator and see if you can open these files with another packager such as 7-zip or WinRAR . . .

Signature.jpg

Depending on your OS, it could be that the program hasn't the required permissions. Try running it as an administrator and see if you can open these files with another packager such as 7-zip or WinRAR . . .

Every other program works just fine, only pakscape does not. And although i tried to run as administrator, it still won't open pk3 files. But as i said before, it worked briefly before the whole thing went nuts.

That's really strange, I've been using PakScape since 2004, I like it because of it's simplicity and doesn't do anything I don't need it to. I've used it on windows XP and 7 with no problems at all.

Don't think I've ever heard of anyone having any problems with the program.

You should maybe make sure whatever antivirus you have isn't blocking it or anything.

• Solution

I'll try to pinpoint the location of the program that might cause this problem. Hope it'll work. Pakscape really is the best and easiest program for pak files etc.

Edit: Found the problem, the reason why pakscape couldn't open the files was that all the pk3 files were in a folder with japanese letters, realized that when i could open the files in the base folder without a problem. Thanks for your assistance. :)