titles are hard. so Hi

Hey guys. I'm Milamber. 22 years old guy from Norway.

I'm a gamer, modeler, skinner, animator, most of the aspects related to the modeling thingies. I've tried my hand on jka mapping but I've never gotten through a project on it, got bored I guess. I also draw a comic now and then.

I've known Caelum for a while, and he told me I should introduce myself. So hi.

I'm gonna hang around, see if I can get this forum etc into my loop of forums to check etc ^^ Maybe I'll contribute with some files and maybe some tutorials at some point.

Nice to meet you all, and nice to see you again the ones of you I might already know.

Hey there, Sir, and welcome.

I'm a gamer, modeler, skinner, animator, most of the aspects related to the modeling thingies

Does that include player-modelling? Cause we totally need a tutorial for that =P

Edited by MUG

Well yes, I do player models. I've used the 3ds max pipline successfully before and I still remember how it works with carcass etc. Although for me it's kind of outdated. I've pestered Scooper into making me a heavily improved glm importer/exporter for 3dsmax.

I guess him and me could get together to finish it up, we've both been busy so it's been on ice for ages. But it's technically working correctly I think. And I could make a tutorial related to using that. I'm in the process of testing it now anyways. http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2977/chaoswip8.jpg

Got it working for 3dsmax 2010/2011/2012. Not quite sure on 2010 atm but at least 2011 and 2012.

The new importer can do this:

import jka characters with correct uv's etc.

import skeleton and tags

import skinning weights

import normals (the only glm importer before the one scoop made couldn't handle normals, at least the one I used.)

There's tweaking left on it still which we haven't gotten around to fixing but really just minor stuff. The idea was to do a gla plugin too, with tutorials to go along before releasing it. But we've been so slow at it I guess we could get the glm plugin out.

(Also I'm saying we in the context that I'm deciding what it should support. Scooper is a filthy programmer, not a glorious artist.)

ps. Programmers aren't filthy, only Scoop.

MUG likes this

Well yes, I do player models. I've used the 3ds max pipline successfully before and I still remember how it works with carcass etc. Although for me it's kind of outdated. I've pestered Scooper into making me a heavily improved glm importer/exporter for 3dsmax.

I guess him and me could get together to finish it up, we've both been busy so it's been on ice for ages. But it's technically working correctly I think. And I could make a tutorial related to using that. I'm in the process of testing it now anyways. http://img254.images...7/chaoswip8.jpg

Got it working for 3dsmax 2010/2011/2012. Not quite sure on 2010 atm but at least 2011 and 2012.

The new importer can do this:

import jka characters with correct uv's etc.

import skeleton and tags

import skinning weights

import normals (the only glm importer before the one scoop made couldn't handle normals, at least the one I used.)

There's tweaking left on it still which we haven't gotten around to fixing but really just minor stuff. The idea was to do a gla plugin too, with tutorials to go along before releasing it. But we've been so slow at it I guess we could get the glm plugin out.

If you did all this, I would forever love you. As currently if I were to start creating some of the models I have planned, it would largely be re-weighting things.

Edited by MUG

Yeah, that's something I wanted Scoop to make for me early on, Because I know people would want to be able to do some mix and matching more easily. I know it's frowned upon by some, but personally I think if people can get the character they want that way it's okay. The plugin will still help you make a model from scratch in a more up to date version of 3ds max.

MUG likes this
Yeah, that's something I wanted Scoop to make for me early on, Because I know people would want to be able to do some mix and matching more easily. I know it's frowned upon by some, but personally I think if people can get the character they want that way it's okay. The plugin will still help you make a model from scratch in a more up to date version of 3ds max.

Aye, if you are publicly releasing a file made out of other peoples stuff that ain't so grand, but I think lots of people would want to do that for a personal model. Myself, I have plans involving making some base models more easily customisable and take my base customisation mod a step further =P...among other things =P

But yes, a tutorial that can actually be followed which tells you how to actually get a working model into the game, in combination with that importer, would be one of the sexiest things on this site xD

Hey guys. I'm Milamber. 22 years old guy from Norway.

I'm a gamer, modeler, skinner, animator, most of the aspects related to the modeling thingies. I've tried my hand on jka mapping but I've never gotten through a project on it, got bored I guess. I also draw a comic now and then.

I've known Caelum for a while, and he told me I should introduce myself. So hi.

I'm gonna hang around, see if I can get this forum etc into my loop of forums to check etc ^^ Maybe I'll contribute with some files and maybe some tutorials at some point.

Nice to meet you all, and nice to see you again the ones of you I might already know.

Ah! I just realized who you are! (I know you used black and white colors in your name - I have no idea which nickname I were using during those times though. I were probably in -[KR]-..)