Nightlies Server

Zathu

I'm living life dangerously and running a OpenJK duel server on Linux x86_64 that auto-builds from master daily. I'm just having some fun with it, but perhaps it would be useful for testing for someone here. It's been getting a decent evening turn-out more often than not. 

Info here: http://zathu.com/

I'd love to start doing the same thing with JK2MP once that works it's way into master.

h643 and Raz0r like this

We don't have enough motivated manpower to support jk2mp just yet.  And I'm thinking when we do, it will not come with binary compatibility out of the box.  Mostly because we have no qvm support at all.

If someone is willing to contribute in it in such a way that it works like we currently have josp set up, we would certainly not be against it.  Will probably hold off until after a release.

Ehh.. The bots are there so that I/anyone can connect and do something when I'm bored. It's minplayer 2, so they go away once people start connecting, which usually happens pretty quickly once there's 1 person in there. Better to play with some bots than sit at a score screen IMO.

Linux x86_64 that auto-builds from master daily.

Hi Zathu, I run the buildbot master, I think we can both benefit from a partnership here.

Would you be interested in running a buildbot slave? There's minimal maintenance to do and you'd always have access to fresh builds.

I wouldn't mind during the day, but I want to avoid pegging the CPU at night when people are playing. I could probably cron the slave to stop and start on a schedule, but would that be of any use to you?

I wouldn't mind during the day, but I want to avoid pegging the CPU at night when people are playing. I could probably cron the slave to stop and start on a schedule, but would that be of any use to you?

Would limiting compiling on only one core be enough to prevent the pegging?

Woohoo, had my first compile error! Looks like the recent VM cleanup commits broke the build. Seems like an extra buildbot would be handy.

Cat: That could work. I'd be willing to set it up and give it a try.

Shake: I remember seeing you online, thanks!

You should get a BWN type ranking system on the server. I was on JK2 earlier and I saw a few servers with a system similar; it's pretty cool. It could maybe bring in some more traffic.

I'm pretty sure it was Cat that was doing something similar if I remember correctly