The Temple of Mechanism

I've been testing a Jedi Academy Conversion for the Temple of Mechanism today.  A direct copy in JA with spawnflags fixed, my only gripe was the lighting.  The map for Jedi Outcast has a _lightmap scale of 7 for the worldspawn.  I reduced the scale to 4 and the lighting is much better for Jedi Academy.  There are a few spots that will need adjusting but that scale has saved me a bunch of work :)

My goal is for it to look as good in Jedi Academy as it does in Jedi Outcast.  I do have to say it is a great looking map in JO.  One person commented during a recent beta test "is this a JK3 map?"  It's always good to get a compliment like that lol

For Jedi Outcast, I went right up to the entity limit for our first beta test.  Our last test was much better which allowed for 16-18 players to connect.  I had to go through the map and reduce the amount of entities and without compromising much, I've removed around 32 more entities in the map after the test.  From what I have learned, each player is 2 entities I think?  player / saber

For Jedi Academy, I hope to bring much of that back to the map and possibly add a bit more.  I am hoping the map will be even better for JA to complete it more how I wanted it to be complete with surface sounds etc.  I will still like playing the JO version better of course, but I am hoping u JA guys will like this map as much as I do for JO.

• 4 weeks later...

I've released the Temple of Mechanism for JK2 here:  https://jk2.info/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=332

I haven't listed it at JKhub because I really want to get a good JA version before posting the map here.  I'ts coming along great and will be an improvement over the JK2 counterpart but I keep getting side tracked on other projects. 

I've actually got 3 ctf maps and a ffa / Thermal Golf map I am working on currently with a map pack in consideration collaborating with a few other JK2 modders and beta testers.  One ctf map I am making I am trying to stream most of it online and I made a new youtube channel I plan on adding some tutorials etc once I get a microphone.

The Wormm Store:  (I am known as Igottwormms everywhere except JK2 and 3 where the name I used originated..  I've had a corporation in EvE online called the Wormm Store Since 2008 i think with office rent paid in full ever since for 2 offices. (they cost 10k a month.  The corp has 20 mill in it's wallet and that is the only expendiature wether I play the game or not.)

Link to live Feed:

Link to channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCih-zvTcu22H6pvXvm3nELQ

It's a new channel and only the videos of the ctf map are there done via streaming.  They are also not named very well or edited, The longer videos have a few long breaks of inactivity so make sure you skip a little here and there.

I need to get back to editing The Temple of Mechanism for JA.  I'm working on doing some ground work stuff for a map pack then I will get back to it soon.  Anyone in JA who has a server with grapple should rally have a lot of fun in this map :P