Evolution of Combat III/Open Jedi Project Crashing

Go to solution Solved by West Wolf,

Hello!

Evolution of Combat III (and OJP) are both crashing, I found out that if I have 1-4 and sometimes 6 bots ( and if they are all jedi/sith) it will not crash and if I have over that amount the mod will crash (I don't find it very fun to be playing by yourself with only one or two bots, I like to have all the bots I can have to make it a lot more challenging :P), it will also crash if : most of the bots have guns. If I have Daos, Roxis, or Boba Fett playing (when you kill them they explode and the game crashes). If the bots use explosives it will crash most of the time. If ragdoll (especially /broadsword 2 or ragdoll is set to "Evolved" is on it will crash within the first minute of playing.

( I'm using Steam by the way)

I noticed that at the start of each round it will give the ERROR: com_sprintf : overflow of # in # .

It will also give the error if ragdoll is on : blablalbla ( I don't remember that part) r_maxpolyverts reached and then will crash.

I'm assuming that this is a problem with the mod, but i'm not sure. (the reason I say this is because all the videos of people playing it have 1-3 bots playing)

(And I also tried it on my other computer and it crashed as well)

I asked for help on their moddb page but nobody responded. (I really liked this website so I came here)

EDIT: OH! And I have the 4 assets from Jedi Outcast, it says to put assets0, 1 and 2 in but also have one called assets5 I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put that one as well (I have it in at the moment, I took it out and it didn't seem to change anything)

Please help!  :(

Thanks!  :wacko:  :)

I have no idea about this crash so my only suggestion is to try with openjk exe http://builds.openjk.org/

But I don't know if EoC/ojp are compatible

How would I run EoC with openjk? I've never used openjk before.

EDIT: Alright, so I did what I imagine I would have had to do: I ran openjk.x86 and then went to mods and loaded EoC, it immediately crashed to desktop. (I'm guessing this means it's not compatible with openjk)

• Solution

I fixed it!!!

Ragdoll: Mostly works (I had Evolved ragdoll on and on one round I landed on someones head killing me and it crashed because ragdoll was on, but this was only on one round so far)

Explosives:Works

16+ Bots: Works

and so on:Works

I originally, when playing with  bots, I click "Create New Game" or "Create New Server" or whatever the button is called, instead I click "Solo Game" at the very top of the list, it no longer crashes with all the bots using weapons or ragdoll on /broadsword 2 or "Evolved".

I don't know why it will crash when I create a server/thingy but it does, doing Solo Game fixed it! 

Time to go kill some rather smart bots (for when I'm too sucky to kill real people or just wanna have some fun alone LOL)!  :winkthumb:  :ph34r:

Thanks everyone!

:)  :winkthumb:  :D  :lol:

h643 and Onysfx like this

I fixed it!!!

Ragdoll: Mostly works (I had Evolved ragdoll on and on one round I landed on someones head killing me and it crashed because ragdoll was on, but this was only on one round so far)

Explosives:Works

16+ Bots: Works

and so on:Works

I originally, when playing with  bots, I click "Create New Game" or "Create New Server" or whatever the button is called, instead I click "Solo Game" at the very top of the list, it no longer crashes with all the bots using weapons or ragdoll on /broadsword 2 or "Evolved".

I don't know why it will crash when I create a server/thingy but it does, doing Solo Game fixed it! 

Time to go kill some rather smart bots (for when I'm too sucky to kill real people or just wanna have some fun alone LOL)!  :winkthumb:  :ph34r:

Thanks everyone!

:)  :winkthumb:  :D  :lol:

I will keep this in mind incase I ever end up playing EoC with lots of bots.

West Wolf likes this