Would you donate towards a JKHub server?

Circa

Would you donate towards a JKHub server?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you donate towards a JKHub server?

• Definitely
    • Maybe
    • Perhaps in the future
    • If I had more money to spare
    • If I still played the game
    • Nope

I'm open for Makermod! Back in the day, Makermod was the best form of hangout, while most Lugor servers required admin to build, and you had to "Earn credits and level up", Makermod, anyone could build whatever they wanted...AND IT WAS EASY.

Much of the time, people would build a small duel arena in the void and we would occasionally have a tournament there xD.

...Makermod really was awesome, I used to make a script for a firefight gametype, where imperial ships would land and drop off enemy npcs and we had to defend the fortress...good times...

spior likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh @@Omicron, I don't think I'll ever be able to stop playing with that pufferfish :D.

And I still think a JKHub server should be makermod. Why? Because it wouldn't get boring to people just dueling each other over and over. There is far more you can do on makermod than just a base/JA++ server.

Oh @@Omicron, I don't think I'll ever be able to stop playing with that pufferfish :D.

And I still think a JKHub server should be makermod. Why? Because it wouldn't get boring to people just dueling each other over and over. There is far more you can do on makermod than just a base/JA++ server.

I enjoy dueling :D And to me, Makermod is more like minecraft which I get bored of pretty quickly (ture I haven't played that much Makermod tho), but most players like to have duels, play comp matches and have events, so I would imagine that only the small minority would enjoy having it as a Makermod server.

I enjoy dueling :D And to me, Makermod is more like minecraft which I get bored of pretty quickly (ture I haven't played that much Makermod tho), but most players like to have duels, play comp matches and have events, so I would imagine that only the small minority would enjoy having it as a Makermod server.

But you can do all those things in makermod already, except makermod adds building :). I do tons of events myself, like I spawn my ship and make a ship survival game, or make obstacle courses for players to get through. I think it's well worth it, but hey, I'm part of the small minority of makermod players...but I suppose most people haven't played Makermod that much, if it all, and so they disagree it should be a makermod server :(. If you allow people to build their own things, you'll see some pretty interesting creations :).

With many people, you get many different things that like to be done.  For me, my absolute only interest right now is duels/ffa in JA+ MP dmgs.  If it's SP dmgs, nope.  If its base dmgs, nope.  If it's MB2, lugor, or makermod, nope nope nope.  Right now I host a private server I use to test mods, or practice duels.  Have you guys thought about just hosting on a private computer so you can avoid needing any donations?  The only problem you might get there is some lag, and down time if you shut off the computer at any point, but it's free.

Oh and what Onysfx said about ffa/dueling constantly in ffa being boring... Yup.  He's right, and I see it to be the same way with all mods.  With ffa/duels, unless your only goal is to just keep getting a little better by dueling over and over, it will get boring.  My solution to this with HGC (my old club) was minigames which was very successful.  We had all types of games.  A version of baseball, pong, and much more.  I know all the conditions and settings to make them work too, not hard to play any of them.  Most of my maps were highly specalized to support these games.

Anyways, if you did host a server, I would visit often if it was ja+ mp dmgs.  I could get us some minigame tournaments going too if that is of any interest and if we had enough visitors.

I've never donated to sites or the upkeep of servers. I have always rented my own server since money usually isn't an issue. I find websites and servers fairly inexpensive. But again, if there's no use it's not feasible. What I would like to see is MY kids or a younger generation start to take more interest in the JK games as well as modding. But maybe I'm encouraging them to sit in front of a screen as opposed to being outside....

I just read the posts about makermod. That sounds cool and would really keep a player interested. I guess I'm obviously behind the times and have not played all the 'newer' mods out there. Waaaaayy back when we played JK2, the servers were flooded and you often had to wait to get on the popular ones. Clans.....websites....files...oh my.

Rooxon likes this
  • 3 weeks later...