A new, fresh gamer in town!

Hey! Recently I bought The Jedi Knight Bundle on Steam, which game me every single Jedi Knight game to date. However, I use a Mac so I will only be able to play two of the games provided in the bundle, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, but I will get to play the older, more classical doom-like two games when I get a PC (Very soon). Since I am on a Mac, I don't think modding is something I could do, testing however, is something I could do. I am yet to learn how to install mods on a Mac, however I will check that later, now I am playing the SP of Jedi Outcast. Once I am finished with that I will be going for Jedi Academy, and after that I will start mingling with the game by mods and multiplayer. So far Jedi Outcast is a great exprience despite the slow start!

While I cannot mod, I could still test and see how mods and their features work on a game. A tester can always provide precious feedback!

A little question...probably a n00bish one. When I try to join Multiplayer games in Jedi Outcast and Academy, the game says that I need to get some files, and I should set Allow Downloads to on so it could download them. I did that, but then it tells me the server has Auto-Download is off on the server. What sould I to do now? Do I have to find out what mods does each server uses and then manually download them and install them? Or maybe the admins should have thought of setting Auto-Download to on?

~Rex-Prime

Well, I'm not much of a modder anyways, but I do have a exprience with it as I used to mod Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, however since then I abondoned modding. JKLaunch works great by the way! However, for now I shall continue with the SP OF JO and JA, I am just preparing to make sure I'm ready when I decide to jump into the multiplayer and modding. I look forward to playing around with the game's files and messing the game with all the mods.

Circa likes this

I am about to start with Jedi Academy, now I know that JA has much more mods then JO. What mods you would call "essential", mods that I MUST have before every starting JA?

If it's your first run-through of JA, I wouldn't use any mods at all! :)

It's all up to you. If it's your first run through JA SP, just do it with no mods.

I recommend cosmetic mods that improve the look of things.

And then you could try my prequel conversion mod. It's pretty fun.

Hmm, how about MP? I am sure there are a lot...

EDIT: Also, do any mod browsers exist for Mac? I am not sure how server browsers work anyways, are they a seperate .exe or are they installed like normal mods?

Yeah, there are a lot for MP. The MB2 total conversion or JA+, for example

And you all forgot about KotF, it's singleplayer and MP.

Yeah, i will be going through my SP without any mods, but I am sure there will be a modded server around every corner in the MP. I like to be prepared, so I asked what mods I should really get. Now I know that I should get JA+, and I will be after finishing the SP.

I heard about KotF, from what I can see it gets a lot of hate from people, though it's basically a comlapition of movie-based (stolen) mods put together.

Yeah, i will be going through my SP without any mods, but I am sure there will be a modded server around every corner in the MP. I like to be prepared, so I asked what mods I should really get. Now I know that I should get JA+, and I will be after finishing the SP.

I heard about KotF, from what I can see it gets a lot of hate from people, though it's basically a comlapition of movie-based (stolen) mods put together.

JA+ is the most played, but far from the best. JA++ is better, but people refuse to move on for some reason.