Problem when trying to add new textures (GTK)

Go to solution Solved by MoonDog,

Well, first of all I would like to apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. It just seemed to be as the best one.

One of my clanmates has got some problems while trying to add new textures in GTK. Some time ago, this didn't happen to him, but now it seems to be happening for, apparently, no reason. I will explain what he has been doing. Sorry if I'm not clear enough, I'm translating it since English is not our native language.

"By creating it from 0 or from another image, on GIMP (I believe he uses 2.6 since we had problems while using 2.8 or higher) it worked but now not even that. I did it with a resolution of 512x512.
Then I tried something that solved a problem similar before, by taking a texture for bespin, and adding over it the image I wanted, obviously making dimensions be the right ones, and the same in case it was 1024 or any other resolution. Now not even that works.
I put textures in the folder base/textures/"NameoftheNewTexturesFolder", and they used to be found without problem when I put them there"

Just to add, he also made sure they were in jpg, or tga, and that they weren't too heavy.

So basically, that's all I have got as information. Any help will be welcome.

• Solution

The textures aren't showing up in Radiant or in game? If in game, check that sv_pure is set to 0. That way you can actually use those textures without adding them into a pk3.

If the textures are properly setup in the base folder, yet not showing up in Radiant, he may have an issue with the paths to the base folder. Check the paths setup to make sure Radiant is set to look at the right place.