Jedi Academy Patch Downgrade

Hey, guys. For a long time, I've badly wanted to revisit 1.00 where my more fun and exploreable days took place. I'd like to see if anyone's still there and if so, relive the memories.

I'm stuck with this lame patch :/

If anyone has an answer for me, please let me know.

Artemis likes this

There aren't *just* Huns left!  A few Euros, a handful of Americans, maybe 2 Aussies...  Some Spanish speaking people...  But yeah.  It can look more empty than it is because the time zones are scattered.  Show up at one time-- see no one.  An hour later, there might be 10 people.  And 10 is a pretty good number for 1.00.  >.>

Lamented likes this

There aren't *just* Huns left!  A few Euros, a handful of Americans, maybe 2 Aussies...  Some Spanish speaking people...  But yeah.  It can look more empty than it is because the time zones are scattered.  Show up at one time-- see no one.  An hour later, there might be 10 people.  And 10 is a pretty good number for 1.00.  >.>

1.00 is great. :>

at being inferior to 1.01*

Dude, stop your onslaught. I have my reasons for liking 1.00 and the more fun memories I had with it as opposed to 1.01, and you're kind of killing my purposes for this thread. I'm beginning to think your little apology thread meant absolutely nothing. Just stop. Leave this thread. Sorry eez, but you've given me a hard time on different threads long enough. STOP!

Vartex, afi and ent like this

Ye, eez please stop this "it's not logical to play 1.00"-talk. There was a reason why I played 1.00 for years even though I only visited it a couple of times after 2007.

There is actually a tool that allows you to switch between 1.0 and 1.01 that is called "patch commander". All it does though is switchting between two gamadata-folders. I'm not sure if that file is actually legal but it should be no problem since you can reproduce these files with the sourcecode anyway

fuckthepolice

Personally I just have two copies of the whole Jedi-Academy folder for 1.0 and 1.01

Lamented likes this

What benefit is there to playing 1.00, if I may ask?

The previous comments were a bit much, I apologize. But it's been proven multiple times that there's simply no difference codewise with sabering between 1.00 and 1.01.

I guess it's your choice, and it's a bit dickish to try and press my beliefs on other people. I apologize. I'm sure you have other reasons for doing so though, maybe the community, idk.

what is the actual difference between the versions? The seem the same to me. No difference between lightsaber combat etc.

People claim that there's a difference in the way sabers block, but if you note, saber combat code hasn't been touched at all between the versions. It wasn't a hidden change in the patch notes like some people claim; there actually isn't anything in the code changes period that was even related (All they changed regarding sabers is porting some .sab fields from SP...)

There's no 'benefit', even 1.01 has its own issues.

The 1.00 community is tiny and some people prefer that than the vast ocean of 1.01.

I stuck in 1.00 for years until the decrease in people in playable ping servers forced me to take a step back.

But I acknowledge, 1.01 is awesome in ways 1.00 isn't. I love makermod and that isn't happening in 1.00.

Eez you're missing the point but I'm gonna explain it. I don't know anyone who played 1.00 because the sabering was (supposed to be) different. Everyone can read the readme to the 1.01 patch and see what changed.

The reason is that the community in 1.0 is different. Back in 2005 the 1.0 community was actually quite big and for me there was no reason to switch, cause all my mates played 1.0 anyway. Personally I switched to 1.01 cause I started playing in the ESL which is not possible in 1.0. Obviously 1.01 is the better game (less lags, less bugs, code-mods) but for people in 1.0 the reason to stay was never the gameplay. It's a bit hard to explain, but 1.0 is a different, way less competitive community. Everyone know each other, a bit like a village to say so. The 1.0 community is actually a bit like the JA+ community. It's much about chatting, having cheats on the server and having fun on singleplayer maps and stuff.

This was 1.0 at least for me. I hope this helps.

Lamented likes this

There's no 'benefit', even 1.01 has its own issues.

The 1.00 community is tiny and some people prefer that than the vast ocean of 1.01.

I stuck in 1.00 for years until the decrease in people in playable ping servers forced me to take a step back.

But I acknowledge, 1.01 is awesome in ways 1.00 isn't. I love makermod and that isn't happening in 1.00.

What vast ocean,

Ye, eez please stop this "it's not logical to play 1.00"-talk. There was a reason why I played 1.00 for years even though I only visited it a couple of times after 2007.

There is actually a tool that allows you to switch between 1.0 and 1.01 that is called "patch commander". All it does though is switchting between two gamadata-folders. I'm not sure if that file is actually legal but it should be no problem since you can reproduce these files with the sourcecode anyway

fuckthepolice

Personally I just have two copies of the whole Jedi-Academy folder for 1.0 and 1.01

One problem. When I use 1.00, I crash whenever I try launching JKA.