server for jk2

So, my server shows up localhost everytime. I have ds online, i have it all set up; name, motd, everything; just like i did back in the day. and yet it still shows up localhost everytime! i've tried the "+dedicated 2" in the program properties. i've tried the dedicated in admin mode. I'm sure i'm not the only one who has eeeeever had this problem, so im sure there's some insight.

Hey Buzz, u use a router?  Have you opened a port on your router for jk2?  28070 I think it is.  Router I think is blocking the 2 way traffic (don't know the specifics off hand).  You should be able to search the web and find how to open a port for JK2.  Doing this will also help rcon commands to find people in a slot so you can kick them.  (Hosting the map yourself of course you probably won't get any errors with kicking people etc).  The JK2 master server isn't getting a ping from your computer because of the port being closed I believe.  JA might be a different story idk.

There may be another way but that has happened to me in the past.

i will reply the same i replied in another post:

¿you tested in another computer out of ur network? i have this "problem" in my local computers (cant see in the public server list only in local, so my friends can see my server, i only can join via local ip.

SO, if your friends (from another networks) cant see your server, is another problem, maybe ur servers are not allowed to see by the rest of the world, u need allow the access in the router, to do that u need enable the DMZ with the local ip of your server, (like 192.168.1.XXX), in some routers u need add the PC ID registered in the router to be watched by the rest.

another way to check, is trying running in a .bat file with diferent ports,( if u dont know to make a bat file, just create a text file and paste the following examples, after that, just save it and change the extension from .txt to .bat and execute, PD: need to be in the same folder of jk2mp.exe )

Example (try 28070, 28071, 28072, etc...):

jk2.exe +set dedicated 2 +fs_game MYMODFOLDER +exec MYCONFIG.cfg +net_port 28070

PD: u need start a map in your config file to start the server (EX: map ffa_bespin)

Yeah, I have all the ports forwarded. I did like 7 of them because I wasn't sure which one exactly. JK2 uses a few. You're saying my router, though. I have them forwarded thru my firewall. How would I configure the router?

Yeah, I contacted my internet providers tech support. Told him i needed ports forwarded and whatnot and he suggested something about a DMZ, also. So, what's the deal with the DMZ, how can i figure out my info so i can give it to him to allow access to.

All right. So, now, I've got all my cfgs configured for the most part. Now, I'm trying to figure out why I cant get items in the game. Like, there are no grenades laying around anywhere. Which settings do i have to change for that. and for bots. Im sure you make a cfg and have the jk2ded boot it on start up, but what would i put in the cfg file. "rcon addbot blahblahblah" or just "addbot" or what.

Help a brotha out.

All right. So, now, I've got all my cfgs configured for the most part. Now, I'm trying to figure out why I cant get items in the game. Like, there are no grenades laying around anywhere. Which settings do i have to change for that. and for bots. Im sure you make a cfg and have the jk2ded boot it on start up, but what would i put in the cfg file. "rcon addbot blahblahblah" or just "addbot" or what.

Help a brotha out.

http://www.jediservers.com/help_setup.asp

PD: "/rcon something" is only used in-game login with a password (set in the cfg file as: set rconpassword mypass),