Crash on map startup

When i attempt to start a local game via the multiplayer menus or with /devamp, my game crashes. It's happened for as long as i can remember. To get around this i have just been launching a dedicated local server and connecting to it. Obviously, this is far from convenient for testing stuff, seeing as it means i have to throw all my bsps into pk3s in order for maps to load etc.

Anyone know why this happens?

seeing as it means i have to throw all my bsps into pk3s in order for maps to load etc.

What are you smoking? I use jampDed with unpackaged files all the time when I'm making mods. No issues.

Oh, and try doing /devmap when r_mode is not set to -1. Known engine bug. No fixes.

eezstreet likes this

What are you smoking? I use jampDed with unpackaged files all the time when I'm making mods. No issues.

I tried this, but it always says "can't load bsp" or some such thing if i load the bsp both on the server and the client without packing them

Oh, and try doing /devmap when r_mode is not set to -1. Known engine bug. No fixes.

that'd explain a lot T_T "FIX IT RAZOR" =P

Edited by MUG
  • 2 weeks later...

I just had an idea. Is it possible to somehow highlight the "BEST ANSWER" for these kind of things? It could get frustrating for some people to find it if not. If that makes any sense.