Coin, coin!

ShroomDuck

That's odd... Are you sure you didn't register when JKHub was first starting? It's strange that someone would do that so early on. That was before JKHub went public. The account uses your email from your old readmes.

I'm quite sure it wasn't me. There's some maps there I would be too embarassed to upload!

@@ShroomDuck...I've heard that name before...but I've never downloaded your maps, but I've played them...how can this be...KOTF maybe? OH WAIT, Country Academy! Of course! That's where I saw your name! Any chance you could convert your map pack here: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/The_ShroomDuck_Inc_Map_Pack_v20;101773      to jk3?

Oh and:

Palpyv2.png

There's no chance that I'll convert the maps to JK3 (since I don't play it, and stick to JK2 when possible). However it looks like lil_binger is taking a run at it, if he can get the files (someone other than me assembled the pack at release... I was more of a spiritual figurehead!)

therfiles likes this

Wow, this is crazy.

You know ShroomDuck, you basically made me love They Might Be Giants. The TMBJ mix-track for the map is sick.

You still modding?

So here's my number. Now call me maybe!

It was so fun making that TMBJ/TMBG mix. The map itself was kinda a first for JK2, so the music had to be pretty epic.

I don't really have time to mod anymore. Wife, kids, business... all take up a lot of time. I do dream about it though, and love looking at the work others do (both from professionals and hobbyists). I'm SOOO digging the games that are popping up on Steam, and would love to be involved in a project like that. I actually have this vision for a game... based on a way I used to design some maps and a specific fighting style. I called it a "Migrating Duel", and the room "Migration Industries" in the TMBJ map is meant for that type of gameplay. It's basically a duel where you are always in motion around each other, but also down a path of sorts away from the starting area. The path might be straight, have some obstacles, various heights, things that move and can injure you. It requires you to be really aware of your environment as well as your opponent. I'd always try to teach the concept when on that map, and when done right it's kind of like a dance. Two people who know how to migrate well kind of take turns taking the lead. One may drop down to an outcropping, while the other jumps up to a bridge and immediately DFA's down to the outcropping. It's really quite elegant in action, and much more like sword duels one would see in movies.

So, if I do mod or anything, it'll likely be to help create a JK-style fighting game, set in colonial times with environmental design specifically catered to migrating duels.

Boothand likes this
  • 1 month later...

I was trying to track down the map files to convert them for use in JA for the Shroomduck Inc. map pack.  There's one person who had many of the finalized maps from others I can't get a hold of.  I do have a few from working on them but I sent them back before they were finalized.  We all would send maps to each other a little bit for others involved to work on some stuff on someone else's map.  I would like to have converted the map pack for JA but looks like I would be confined to only being able to re-release the maps I had included in the map pack and who knows if I will get around to that.  I am mainly working on Binger's Bespin and when that's done I will likely take a break and may or may not work on another.